Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Group:

The other day the battery indicator light and an error code indicating an alternator problem were triggered on my wife's '07 TL-S. She barely made it home with a dead battery and I discovered the problem was simply a loose positive battery terminal connector. The original terminal had become a little stretched, so even when the bolt was fully-tightened it wouldn't grip the battery post tightly. No problem - got one of those battery post shims, and the connection is now nice and tight. Battery fully-charged, 12.83V after resting overnight, alternator output 14.1V at idle. Error code has been cleared and my wife has driven the car for 2 days with no issues. But - the battery indicator light is still on, and I can't figure out how to get it turned off. Searched Google and read multiple threads here, but still can't find what I need.

Anyone have this issue before? What was the resolution? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At idle, engine at normal operating temp, voltage across the battery terminals is 13.9 to 14.1v, with all the accessories turned on (headlights, a/c, etc.). It varies slightly as the a/c compressor and radiator fans cycle on/off.

Thanks for responding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.