Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my first encounter with another vehicle happened this past Wednesday night on I-95 south. I saw a car that I couldn't tell what it was until he got closer. What peaked my interest was the xenon lights. Once he got close enough, I knew it was a black S2000. Initially there was too much traffic and I had no intention of racing him. I was changing lanes to get in and out of traffic...not like an idiot let me add. As soon as traffic clears up, he decides to gun it and pass me on the right. I just laughed and let him go, his girlfriend in the passenger seat smirks and looks behind. He then slows down to try and egg me on and it doesn't work. So he shoots off again and slows down again. This time I said fuck it and shift down to third from fifth and gun it. I take him by surprise and he doesn't know what to do. I hear him rev and I can hear the aftermarket intake howling. So I decide to give him a little of his own medicine and slow down. This is when it gets good...

He gestures over at me and grins and then shakes his finger at me kinda like :nono: thinking there is no way your car can beat my S2000. He is also constantly hitting the gas revving the car and showing me how big his balls are :rolleyes:. So now I start thinking...oh its on....

We both see a clearing and gun it almost at the same time...I think my reaction to downshift was a bit quicker. Needless to say he couldn't keep up with me in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear and he was slowly becoming smaller in my rearview mirror.

I have never raced an s2000 and I don't know how I would do against another one or a different driver but I just was happy to show up that cocky asshole.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
very nice...hows the 3 series working out for you?

those germans can make one hell of a car....once u drive a bmw, hondas feel shitty...shifting on the my dads bmw is very stiff compared to my friends civic...after driving the bimmer i can shift with my pinky on my friends civic:p

·
Registered
16,358 Posts
rominl said:
yeah i have to agree that the bimmer should win, unless you are doing some tight curves
Actually, even thought the S2000 doesn't have much torque, it pulls real strong from a roll. It would out pull our TLS, which means a 330, too. That driver must of sucked. Cocky guys that can't drive are even worse.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,980 Posts
I keep thinking you're in your TL-S....lol

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Gray Goose 330Ci- my thoughts on it.

That guy just did not know how to race. Both cars with about the same skilled driverz the s2000 should win. It's faster and lighter. I own both and I def. know that my s2000 is faster. But that car is hard to handle. No very forgiving. To push the car 7/10 you have to know how to drive very very well. Whereas my 02 330ci is very forgiving and I can push it like crazy. Overall, if I had to chose one I would go with the 330ci cuz it's great combination of torque/power/looks/luxury. Whereas the s2k is attention grabbing (of course the yellow helps) fun/fun/chick magnet/no space 4 nothing.

I think your story is a great kill cuz u were the better driver. With a slower car you beat him, so props to u.
0-60 s2k 5.5
0-60 330 5.9 best i have seen.

also the quater mile i believe it's faster by a sec. or so.

BTW, if you want color bumper reflectors email me [email protected] I sell stuff for both s2k and 330ci, I would be more than happy to add you to my group mailer list that has specials for both cars. Not to mention making another friend with a similiar interest of cars.

best regards,
LIL Raja

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.