Acura World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, so I had a question about my 1997 Acura 2.5L TL. I had bought in in June and replaced the alternator and belt in August. It has been sitting for about 4-5 weeks now because i had a blown power steering pump. I replaced the pump and got a new battery, but when i started the car up it took the car a few seconds to turn over(A lot longer than usual). I also heard a squealing noise that got louder as I increased the RPMs, the noise seemed to be coming from the Alternator. On top of that, when i turned my lights, turning signals, and radio on the dash lights were flickering slightly and the car sounded like it was losing power. So i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is an issue with my alternator even though its new(not remanufactured), the belt for the alternator, the wiring of the car, or anything else anyone could think of! I appreciate all the input, I've been fixing one issue after another with this car but I can't seem to figure this out. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.