Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: 2008 Acura TSX (w/navi); 115k miles

Hey Everyone,

Newbie here! So I just purchased this Acura: it's my first TSX and I'm psyched...However there are certain issues that do need fixing/replacing - wish me luck.

Serpentine Belt and Belt Tensioner pulley:

Seems that the belt-tensioner pulley makes noise when the a/c is on....

1. Can anyone post a video/directions of how to change the belt-tensioner pulley?
2. Which Acura parts website is best for prices, to find out auto-part numbers, and to find which brands are OEM for the auto-parts?

Btw, I think that the below enclosed serpentine-belt diagram (including labels) is correct for my Acura....thanks a million.

Engine Belt Diagram:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acura TSX 2005 Serpentine Belt Replacement How To tutorial

https:/ /youtu.be/tKR1K6zBsas

This video is going to show you how to replace the serpentine belt on the 2005 Acura TSX.
The serpentine belts are the main drive belt on Acura TSX.
The replacement is actually very quick and easy to do but it can be a little tricky to wrap the belt around all the pulleys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acura TSX 2005 Serpentine Belt Replacement How To tutorial

https:/ /youtu.be/tKR1K6zBsas

This video is going to show you how to replace the serpentine belt on the 2005 Acura TSX.
The serpentine belts are the main drive belt on Acura TSX.
The replacement is actually very quick and easy to do but it can be a little tricky to wrap the belt around all the pulleys.
Helped me! thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If Im not mistaken you need a long breaker bar, with the correct socket to mate with the trnsioner pulley bolt. Push towards the rear of the car to compress the spring. Release the belt then release the pulley. The same socket and remove the pulley by going clockwise on the bolt. Its a left hand thread. Replace the pulley, reverse procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts