Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the best all-season tire around??? I thought I was geting rims but it doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon so for now I need a very good handling all-season tire.

I was thinking about the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S but they're kinda pricey. Anything out there with Pilot Sport A/S's capabilities but a little cheaper?

I'm hearing good things about the Dunlop SP Sport A2's... Any comments?

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
i never bought an all-season tire for my TL, but i can tell you that the Dunlops are awesome as an all-season tire.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bridgestone RE950
Dunlop SP5000

Never tried the RE950 though.

I have A2's on a Volvo 850. They are better than stock but definitely not better than Sp5000 (Z-rated)

·
129 Posts
I recently got the Bridgestone RE950's for my 2000 TL with stock 16" rims....these tires are great! They handle so much better than stock....dry and wet performance is great....snow performance is good for such an aggressive tire....great tread pattern too! Pretty reasonably priced as well!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I dont know... a lot of the customer reviews say those tires suck in the snow... any experiences with Continental? Their new ContiExtremeContact got very good customer reviews for dry/wet/snow performance.

Pretty decent tread design... and they have a 30 day test drive... but are they, overall, shitty tires?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had Falken Ziex 512's on my 00 eclipse GT. Extremely good wet/dry traction and Very good snow traction. Went through this past winter in Boston with them nd they were great!!! Only like 98 at Discounrt tire Direct. Ask for Todd!! TEll him your with a car club and hell probably hook you up....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I highly recommend the Nitto Motivo tires. Got mine from 4wheelonline. It got me through tough roads and unpredictable weather conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My vote goes to Michelin Defender LTX, it has been my favorite all-season tires for years now. The great traction that it provides on snow and the wet road is beyond what I have expected. The price is definitely worth it for its quality and tread life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts