Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my friend is looking for a radar detector, and she said she wants it under 300 bucks. So the V1 is out. What else is out there thats worth that price? :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
Hey guys, my friend is looking for a radar detector, and she said she wants it under 300 bucks. So the V1 is out. What else is out there thats worth that price? :dunno: :dunno:
damn i was looking for a new radar too...knock on wood, i have never got a speeding ticket in tha TL...damn, every day its getting hotter and hotter for a player...what do you think guys, is the Valentine One worth it:dunno: ...fuck let me know, i dont know about 300, but im ready to drop 399.99$ quick like:squintfin:...Shyne;)

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude, get the V1, i love mine... well worth it!!! Hell mines even outdated, i bought mine a year and a half ago, and no tickets since, always picks up the cops by me. You would be also surpised how many cops dont have their radars on.

I even took it on a 1300 mile road trip.. we did 85 the whole way thanks to Mr V1!!! it did pick up some piggys on the way down. :D:D

·
Registered
737 Posts
yea i was reading some testimonies from buyers about tha damn thang and they have been making top of tha line shit for a while now...Shyne:turban:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
question, usually where do you hand/put your radar?? probably most of you know i got a ticket a while ago @[email protected] always thought about getting a radar detector every since....

but then just like what crzy said... a lot of cops don't have their radar on under they are behind you @[email protected]

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:

So where online is the cheapest place to get this passport 8500??
:angel:
I bought it Car Toys when they had a sell for $279.99... I use to own V1 and like it, but I got too many false alarms driving in the city, where with the 8500 I get none or if I did, it would just mute itself.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
rominl said:
question, usually where do you hand/put your radar?? probably most of you know i got a ticket a while ago @[email protected] always thought about getting a radar detector every since....

but then just like what crzy said... a lot of cops don't have their radar on under they are behind you @[email protected]
I put it on the upper left right by the rearview mirror.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:

I put it on the upper left right by the rearview mirror.
umm...... i have a question. i know it's legal to have a radar detector in your car and cops can't really do much about it. but for sure if they see it running in your car they probably won't appreciate it and get all arse around you....

so let's say, you are under speed limit, using your radar, and this cop comes up behind you and pull you over. do you try to take down the rader detector?? if no, and when he walks up to you and say, "why you have it here" what would be your response?

basically i am trying to know what i should do if i haev my radar detector on and a cop pulls me over.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
i have and love my bel vector 95. a couple of my friends have passport 8500's and they like them....i have to admit the smartcord is very convenient. and i bought my girlfriend a k40 and she really likes it. i think as long as you stick to one of these or the v1 (too damn expensive imo) you will be alright.

from my experience w/ my radar detector it has been great. especially on the k and ka bands which is what is primarily used here in fl. my radar detector was going off one day and when i passed the cop that was speed trapping i clicked the reset on my trip meter and i had gone 1.2 miles before i stopped registering some radar. not bad.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
rominl said:

umm...... i have a question. i know it's legal to have a radar detector in your car and cops can't really do much about it. but for sure if they see it running in your car they probably won't appreciate it and get all arse around you....

so let's say, you are under speed limit, using your radar, and this cop comes up behind you and pull you over. do you try to take down the rader detector?? if no, and when he walks up to you and say, "why you have it here" what would be your response?

basically i am trying to know what i should do if i haev my radar detector on and a cop pulls me over.
It should be fine, I think only VA radar detector is not allowed. Fvck if I care what cops think if they see me with a radar detector, just as long as I don't get another ticket or go to jail again.....:D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:

It should be fine, I think only VA radar detector is not allowed. Fvck if I care what cops think if they see me with a radar detector, just as long as I don't get another ticket or go to jail again.....:D
haha yeah, i am sure you are the MOST careful guy here for cops ;) we all know why ;)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:

Yup! Finally turn'n 21 so hopefully that sh!t clears.....
well mine just got turned on..... got my ticket payment and still have to find time to go to the court to make an appointment

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:

AGAIN? :sqnteek:

explain
I was 17, been a month since I got my license, parents bought me a new type R cause my grades n stuff. Well I broke it in then decided to race. Raced a mustang, mustang suddenly braked hard, I kept going, cop stop me, then the mustang sped by, cop went after mustang, I try to drive off, cop sped back doing some dukes of hazard shit and stopped right in front of me with the mustang driver in the backseat. I got out, got cuffed, went to jail for like doing 123mph in like 35 or something. Went to jail until my dad came and got me. Dad came, I wanted to cry and stay there.... that's it..... oh and I got a big hefty thousand dollar "speed contest" fine, went to class n stuff oh and license was suspended until I turned 18. Which was only 11 months away, but it sucked asking people for rides....

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
evolaerok said:

I was 17, been a month since I got my license, parents bought me a new type R cause my grades n stuff. Well I broke it in then decided to race. Raced a mustang, mustang suddenly braked hard, I kept going, cop stop me, then the mustang sped by, cop went after mustang, I try to drive off, cop sped back doing some dukes of hazard shit and stopped right in front of me with the mustang driver in the backseat. I got out, got cuffed, went to jail for like doing 123mph in like 35 or something. Went to jail until my dad came and got me. Dad came, I wanted to cry and stay there.... that's it..... oh and I got a big hefty thousand dollar "speed contest" fine, went to class n stuff oh and license was suspended until I turned 18. Which was only 11 months away, but it sucked asking people for rides....
Oh and no post about you're "immature", "you stupid", etc.... I heard it all, especially from my dad..... We were all young at one point....:cool: :angel:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.