Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a site that can help me study for the CDL test. Does anyone know a good site that can help me with this. I am open to spending money to download the application if it is of good qualilty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah you are right there are tons of websites out there that is why i am confuse which site to use for preparation. so i post thread in hope may be someone give me the better advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for suggesting the site for my cdl prep one another person also recommend me crist cdl.Any other advice you want to share.thanks once again for your reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Air Brake System Parts:

S Cam Style Brake:
The S Cam Style Brake mess probably the most common brake used vehicles today there are wedge breaks the work similar to the S cam uses a wedge and disk brakes and some trucks you are find disk brakes on them.

Supply Pressure Gauges:
The Supply Pressure Gauges on you dashboard it would tell you how much air you have in your air tanks. There is two separate gauges on your dashboard called primary and secondary and sometimes you see one gauge with two needles.

Application Pressure Gauge:
You may have an application pressure gauge on your dashboard. if you have that's a gauge on your dashboard that's tell you how much pressure you putting on the air foot brake pedal.

Don't confuse in the test about supply pressure gauge and application pressure you must know the difference between them. The questions become like that in the test. What is the difference between a supply pressure gauge and application pressure? Be sure you understand that All.

Low Air Pressure Warning Lights And Buzzer:
All trucks are required to have a low air pressure warning lights and buzzer on them, when your air pressure drops below 60 PSI you should get a Red Light and the Buzzer. If it keeps dropping down you will get your Spring Brakes were activate on your tractor and you will come to stop. It figures down into the one of 20 to 40 PSI range that's when it's activates a spring breaks and stop your tractor and trailer.

In your air brake system you have a Stop Light Switches Pressure Sensitive. When you press foot pedal just a little bit down, it will cause your brake light to come on. older trucks used to have front brake limiting valve that something that you could actually limit the amount of breaking you're going all in front wheels of your truck this became a little bit dangerous because it reduces stopping power they did some tests and they found a front wheel braking is good under all conditions so they decided they didn't need that limiting valve anymore.

Spring breaks or something they came up with because they found that if they just set the brakes with air pressure that eventually the air pressure would bleed off and your unit would rollaway so you come up with a spring break and when the air pressure is removed from the spring break see this unit: inside you see the Springs at the Springs are held back by air when you remove the air from the Springs pushes pushrod out and apply the brakes this also will happen if you pull this red switch out it will remove the air from this brake chamber and it will apply the brakes to your trailer.

Parking Brake Control:
Also you have a Parking Brake Control on your dashboard this is for your tractor. Whenever you leave your track you want to set your parking brake just reach out and pulled his yellow knob out will set the spring breaks under tractor.

Antilock Braking System:
The Antilock Braking System is required like we said before your call on the tractors made after March of first 1997 amount trailers after March 1, 1998 automate braking systems are there to help you can keep control your vehicle and in the case of an emergency stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts