Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front brake pads are shot--very loud heavy squeaking--and I've heard "replace with only Honda parts--". Is this a true statement or have any other brands proven work well with the 2004 TSX? I want no squeaking and very little brake dust, ideally.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
There are a LOT of manufacturers for brake pads. Some are more aggressive and sacrifice low noise and dust quantities for that. Others are more oriented to be mild mannered on the street. You're going to have to do some research and see what other people have said about the pads they've tried to get an idea of what to expect.

You could also get in touch with Dean (the Honsport vendor here) and tell him what you're looking for. I'm sure he can find a pad that meets your criteria.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's all basically in what you want out of your car. If you go with a brake pad that will have virtually no brake dust, ceramic would be the pad of choice, but you'll have to go with a slotted or cross-drilled brake rotor. Brake pads in general are designed to absorb and dissipate heat from friction. Since ceramic reflects heat rather than absorb it, the heat gets transferred back to the brake rotor surface, meaning that they're more prone to warpage if rotors with added cooling aren't used in conjunction with them.

Plus, since it's also a harder brake pad, you'll have increased pedal effort in stopping.

Or, you can just keep it simple and stick with OEM parts :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts