·
Registered
547 Posts
:dunno: definately would dry faster.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
Someone told me long ago that its better to condition the leather seat after the car as been sitting outside in the heat for a bit. Is this true?

:dunno:
Yah, that's true, to a point. The leather should be warm >50 degrees F, but not boiling hot ;)

So if you parked in shade or its cold, let her heat up a little before you go to town.

You want it warm enough (>50 F) that the leather will accept the conditioner, but not so hot that it evaporates before you work it into the leather.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Crazy Acura:
That only matters for leather without a finish coat like ours...it means that the leather is breathing better and will more readily accept conditioning...I guess the best example is your skin more readily absorbing lotion after a hot shower than sitting outside in winter. For ours it makes no difference...and you should be using a vinyl conditioner anyway.

Austin519

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Austin519 said:
Crazy Acura:
That only matters for leather without a finish coat like ours...it means that the leather is breathing better and will more readily accept conditioning...I guess the best example is your skin more readily absorbing lotion after a hot shower than sitting outside in winter. For ours it makes no difference...and you should be using a vinyl conditioner anyway.

Austin519
So - are you saying that using lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner is bad??? :wtf:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
autoxcls:
Not bad...just ineffective...copland007 after your comments I researched a ton and contacted a lot of people...I've also tried out 303...I still prefer Lexol Vinyl because it's shinier and makes my car look like it's soaking wet inside while simultaneously being dry :) but 303 is good as well. Lexol Vinyl has UV protectant in it also.

autoxcls, it's just that we have a petroleum coat on our seats (plastic) so unless you condition the leather from the inside of the seat (which I am actually going to do) it won't have an effect. Use a vinyl/plastic cleaner and conditioner...like Lexol Vinyl or 303 instead. The oils from the leather conditioners will make your seats look and feel better...but quickly that feeling deteriorates because the oils are sitting on top of the finish coat.

Austin519

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
fahoumh said:
what do you guys clean the leather with?
I use microfiber towel and water.

Me no like solvents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.