Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I continue to see this blinking light very randomly next to the drive light when I'm driving.
Does this mean my transmission is about to die? I have the transmission fluid flushed and filled, and its slowly become more and more common over the last couple months.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You guys do not say what year your cars are from. The 2006 TL's and other from that generation had known issues with the 3rd gear pressure sensor. If yours was not replaced when it was young, it is possible that flaw has led to serious problems today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I continue to see this blinking light very randomly next to the drive light when I'm driving.
Does this mean my transmission is about to die? I have the transmission fluid flushed and filled, and its slowly become more and more common over the last couple months.
BTW, I really discourage transmission "flushes" This often leads to debris getting pushed into valve bodies etc.

A drain and replace (3.3 qts) every 15k isvthe honda spec'd service. If you are fussy the so called 3 x 3.3qt change process will clear out all of the old fluid, then get on the 15k drain and fill process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys do not say what year your cars are from. The 2006 TL's and other from that generation had known issues with the 3rd gear pressure sensor. If yours was not replaced when it was young, it is possible that flaw has led to serious problems today.
212k miles lights been flashing for awhile per pervious owner no issues, but ibam going to change it, btw mibr was a 2004 model

1 - 5 of 5 Posts