Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every so often my 96 TL "blinks" out. like a loss of total power for just the blink of an eye. not often and it doesnt effect anything but its weird. anyone ever had that? feels electrical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what it seems like. and i mean its so so so quick. my wife doesnt even notice it. i probly wouldnt either except you can hear it in the ac and then notice it elsewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this does look like a haggered old napa batt, ill have it checked. i sure hope its that simple. what ever it is doesnt seem to be hurting anything, i just noticed it is all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It can be the ignition censor being old, it can be the fuel access been blocked * need to be clean when you demand more fuel , or the fuel pump. You may clean the fuel intake and the filter.

You may find answers here (salemboysauto.com/original-faqs/faq-51.htm)
But the best guide for you is here (2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates)

If it isn't one of these problems, it may be a slipping clutch... I'll just leave this here. Hope it helps!

A broken motor mount (engine mount) can cause clutch slippage by allowing the engine to move, binding the clutch linkage. Under load, the engine can lift up in the engine compartment, shifting the clutch linkage and pushing on the release fork.

Grease and oil on the disc will also cause slippage. When this occurs, locate and stop any leakage, thoroughly clean the clutch components, and replace the clutch disc. This is the only remedy.

If clutch slippage is NOT caused by a problem with the clutch release mechanism, then the trouble is normally inside the clutch. You have to remove the transmission and clutch components for further inspection. Internal clutch problems, such as weak springs and bent or improperly adjusted release levers, will prevent the pressure plate from applying even pressure. This condition allows the disc to slip.

To test the clutch for slippage, set the emergency brake and start the engine. Place the transmission or transaxle in high gear. Then try to drive the vehicle forward by slowly releasing the clutch pedal. A clutch in good condition should lock up and immediately kill the engine. A badly slipping clutch may allow the engine to run, even with the clutch pedal fully released. Partial clutch slippage could let the engine run momentarily before stalling.

NOTE
Never let a clutch slip for more than a second or two. The extreme heat generated by slippage will damage the flywheel and pressure plate faces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it does not affect engine speed or feel a hesitation, seems to be purely electrical. thanks for all the ideas so far though, ill keep working till i find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.