Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been having a battery draining issue on my 2016 ILX so I've done some research and the story goes when the bluetooth module go bad it drains the battery because it constantly runs all day long. Can someone please tell me exactly where the module is located, I need help!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually I believe it's the homelink computer module that is above and between the two windshield visors. The issue is that is is intermittent and therefore difficult to identify with a lot of people and techs replacing batteries (vs. the real source of the problem). After about 45 minutes, it will go 'open' and draw 6-14 amps per hour which can drain the battery so the car will not start. If it drains the battery too low, it can also cause battery failure because some batteries cannot withstand a deep drainage for any length of time and will not take a charge subsequently. This was mainly a TL issue after the 2004 model year but Honda/Acura never did a recall on the computer; they should of in my opinion or at least extended the warranty along the lines of the powertrain warranty. Maybe the bluetooth is located within this computer also; I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently I've been having a battery draining issue on my 2016 ILX so I've done some research and the story goes when the bluetooth module go bad it drains the battery because it constantly runs all day long. Can someone please tell me exactly where the module is located, I need help!!
Thank you very much you pointed me to the right direction, at least now I can start there and see for myself if that's the source of the problem. Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not heard of this on a car as new as your 2016. It is a real issue and I have pulled the module on a few cars, but those are usually 10 years older than your 2016. Id be surprised if Honda had not fixed the problem in your era.

Most likely, in my experience is a stuck ac compressor clutch or clutch relay. This too is not deenergized when the key is off. Same symptom, deD battery 8n 12 - 18 hours. Simple fix. New $10 relay!

Astrobuf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not heard of this on a car as new as your 2016. It is a real issue and I have pulled the module on a few cars, but those are usually 10 years older than your 2016. Id be surprised if Honda had not fixed the problem in your era.

Most likely, in my experience is a stuck ac compressor clutch or clutch relay. This too is not deenergized when the key is off. Same symptom, deD battery 8n 12 - 18 hours. Simple fix. New $10 relay!

Astrobuf
Thank you for your insight, I will cover all the possibilities and hopefully I can get this issue resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts