Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. BMOOGL here, from Salem, Oregon. It's 11:11 p.m. and about 20 minutes ago, I finished swapping out a shot starter in the old 2003 MDX. It was whirring madly when starting for the past couple of years. The dealer "lubed the bendix" on the old starter and that helped for awhile, but the past couple of days we experienced a "no start" condition when turning the key: power to the dash, cutoff on advancing the key to position II, but then . . . silence. Whacking the starter using a hammer and long breaker bar did the trick to make the starter work, so it was off to Autozone for a new one. It's a rebuilt starter with a lifetime guarantee and the part costs half what the dealer charges. So I saved a bundle by changing it out myself.

I thought I'd join the forum to see what else I can dig up on DIYs for my MDX. It's a great car and we'd buy another one if we could afford it. I intend to keep it running and in good shape for the foreseeable future.

I also drive a 2000 Jaguar XK8 convertible and am an active member of JaguarForums.com. That is a great forum and I hope this one will be, too.

Regards,
Ed

·
Premium Member
12,457 Posts
Welcome to Acura World! There is a ton of information here so hopefully we can help you out!

:welcome:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts