Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1999 Acura TL 3.2 with about 95,000 miles on it.

I just installed a Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake System. Here is where i bought it from:

Acura 99-03 TL (3.2L) Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake System (301-118)

Now i timed my 0-60 with the stock intake and got 7.3 sec and when i installed the short ram intake the 0-60 time is now 7.7.

I have also noticed that my tranny has a light jerk and gas mileage is a little worse. My buddy told me to buy a reprogramer and reprogram the cars computer and change the air to gas ratio.

Will this bring my 0-60 and tanny light jerks back to normal, if i do buy and reprogram my cars computer? Please let me know if this would help or if you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know.

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
You cant really reprogram the ECU

It will take it a little while to get used to the new part and relearn the A/F ratio

You can reset the ECU by removing the Clock Backup Fuse #13 for about 15 mins if I am remembering right or you can remove the wire from the battery. Make sure you have the radio/navi codes on hand so you can reset them.

As far as the timing being slower, that could be from the ECU and replacing the part.. or it could be from your launch being slower than the original launch or from you timing the run itself. You timing with a stopwatch/cell phone or something isn't very accurate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cant really reprogram the ECU

It will take it a little while to get used to the new part and relearn the A/F ratio

You can reset the ECU by removing the Clock Backup Fuse #13 for about 15 mins if I am remembering right or you can remove the wire from the battery. Make sure you have the radio/navi codes on hand so you can reset them.

As far as the timing being slower, that could be from the ECU and replacing the part.. or it could be from your launch being slower than the original launch or from you timing the run itself. You timing with a stopwatch/cell phone or something isn't very accurate.
thanx, so much. I will try that tomorrow morning. So if i still see a big difference in the timing and gas mileage, you recommend replacing the ECU?

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
I don't think you'll need to replace the ECU, it's going to be the same part that you have now just a different one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you'll need to replace the ECU, it's going to be the same part that you have now just a different one.
Oh i see, thank you so much though. I really appreciate your help. I think the car is runing better now after i disconnected the battery and reconnected it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts