Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys took my tl up to tennesse today and loved the ride.... i got a compliments on it.....My question is this thing called "Break Light" Came on and i have no idea what it is.... I checked my rear brake lights and nuthing is burned and everything is ok. Is this something really i should worry about? Anything will help thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your brakes are working fine and all your tail lamps are lit, then more than likely its a bad sensor on the master cylinder. Quick dealer fix under warranty.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Uhh, doesn't that mean the parking brake is on??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes I love this one:

Three things:
1. Check your taillights, one of them, either parking or brake may be out. (replaced on mine)
2. Master Cylinder Sensor (replaced on mine)
3. Brake fluid bobber. Is it cold? Mine sticked a couple times, and when it does, I have to jiggle it a bit to get it to stop complaining, usually makes the issue go away after 1 and 2 are fixed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Brake light will comes on if your master cylinder fluid is low. what is the level? If the pads are worn way down and the fluid was never topped off this could be the problem! If the pads are good you may have caliper leakage past the piston, which means you need to rebuild the caliper or just buy a loaded rebuilt one for replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts