Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which aftermarket brake pads should I get...I'm going up to acura on Fri, and they want 150 for new brake pads installed, I figure i should just go ahead and get aftermarket pads, whcih kid would u guys reccomend, and where can i get em from. would it be really smart to go w/ aftermarket rotos too casue my rotors now are warped and acura says they are only going to resurface them, will that fix the problem.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I say Axxis pads... unless you want to spend quite a bit more. (double)
Also resurfacing is a good idea unless you have some cash on hand.
Rotors are pretty pricy... around 1 bill each.

·
1,959 Posts
Endless pads are good too. You may want to consider these pads as well. Yup, definitely get your rotors resurfaced, esp with new brake pads so that you won't have the sqealing sound.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for all the advice guys i realy appreciate it, i think I'm just gonna get Axis pads for now from ACP, will i notice a big difference between these pads and stock

·
Registered
40 Posts
do you have to replace rotors at the same time as you replace brake pads?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ryan I say go for the Axxis pads...I have nothing but good from them and they are less pricier than the top of the line endless pads...ACP does have a fair price on these...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx alot for all ur help guys i really appreciate it. Do ya'll notice a big difference in ur breaking over how it was stock, cause to me stock braking is terrible, i'm hopin that these will help me out

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
noleaf74 said:
thanx alot for all ur help guys i really appreciate it. Do ya'll notice a big difference in ur breaking over how it was stock, cause to me stock braking is terrible, i'm hopin that these will help me out
yup, i have sat in a tl with new pads (forgot what it is, could be endless) and damn when he brakes i was stuck on the windshield :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
One bit of advice: depending upon how warped the rotors are will determine if they can be re-surfaced. If they are really warped then re-surfacing will not work because the rotor walls will be too thin. If it turns out they are too thin I would be expecting Acura to replace them under warranty.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanx again guys:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Metal Masters kick off a lot of dust, but they brake well....

Endless pads are supposed to be quality

Try EBC greenstuff..those are the ones that all the top notch autoX guys use for the street....hmm...look for Legend/CRV ones...and then you have a little grinding....before they fit.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked to someone from the web ste you guys posted about the Ultimates and they told me they were not avalible for the TL yet not sure if thats true or not but? I went ahead and ordered the metal masters, i need to get those pads asap cause the ones i have on there now are really getting warn, 27k miles too i'm not sure whats up w/ that. I don't do alot of hard braking and i don't ride the brakes at all, i hope the metal masters last a little longer.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i were to get my rotors resurfaced and the new pads installed a few days later would i have to worry about the rotors warping more quickly? and do the metal masters put out alot more dust than stock pads?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.