Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...

*Whens the deadline for the sills? I forgot completely about it.....

*Acura dealer says I'm going to need new pads & resurface the rotors.... $239 front, $239 back:bigcry:

So --- do I go somewhere else? Quoted $159 front, $159 back at Expert Tire ... Get all their stuff
or
find someone who will do the lathing (sp?) & put new pads on but i'll buy some better pads like axxis or something (nothing real heavy duty - their more entry level stuff... suggestions? what should i do??

Lastly, I got motivated and was going to do a gutter grille today - so I take off all the little plastic bolts, get to the last one right hand side, top one (upper right of grille) and the fucking thing just turns and turns, the little thing inside is stripped or whatever, cuz that round part is turning to -- now what do i do?

·
Registered
433 Posts
the sills end july 11 and will be a regular price. check the top of the post. The resurface of the rotor 174 sound right for me. I just did mine at the dealer for free because my rotor is warped, so it is free.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:
Lastly, I got motivated and was going to do a gutter grille today - so I take off all the little plastic bolts, get to the last one right hand side, top one (upper right of grille) and the fucking thing just turns and turns, the little thing inside is stripped or whatever, cuz that round part is turning to -- now what do i do?
If the last bolt just turns & turns, just pull it out. :dunno:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
btw, i DO NOT think you can take off the grill without take off the bumper. the grill is anchored to the bumper and you can't see the thing without taking off the bumper

·
1,163 Posts
Tommy: I was looking for brake pads...and heard "endless" brake pads are very nice...BREMBO, AEM are also nice...I heard...so I'd say go get it resurfaced ONLY...(maybe a little cheaper) then go buy nice brake pads...I believe AEM pads are only like $50-$70? maybe not even that much...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[TL]Ridah said:
Tommy: I was looking for brake pads...and heard "endless" brake pads are very nice...BREMBO, AEM are also nice...I heard...so I'd say go get it resurfaced ONLY...(maybe a little cheaper) then go buy nice brake pads...I believe AEM pads are only like $50-$70? maybe not even that much...

Should i get em from www.Autocarparts.com er, www.************.com ;) :lol: :sqnteek:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i would suggest endless for brake pads too, very very good stuff from japan. well you can get it from acp, but i don't think they have the best prices. i haven't done much reesarch on this yet though

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Tommy:
Groupbuycenter.com

Austin519

·
1,959 Posts
Endless brake pads are great! :thumbsup: I got the VN pads which are the entry level pads from Endless. Just changing from stock pads to Endless, you can definitely feel the difference. No more mushy brake feeling, no more "hey, I'm stomping on the brakes and yet I'm still going forward!" :D The only down side is that Endless pads are pricey compared to Axxis or Metal Masters. I haven't tried Axxis or Metal Masters before so I can't say if they are good or not. But with Endless, if you can afford, go for it. I posted my opinions at the other "site". Do a search on Endless and you see my posts. Good luck!

·
1,163 Posts
which price range are we talking about for the Endless? I just hurd that they were good...no pricing info...however...I know that AEM is good too and is also cheap...

p.s. how do these aftermarket brake pads last? in avg.

·
1,959 Posts
fahoumh said:
FYI: You're allowed to say A-TL here....nobody will censor you.;)
:D :bigok:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm thinking Axxis, how bout axxis?

Ken - checked gbc.com - nothing current - axxis' not listed for our year....

only rotors listed also - founda decent price on axxis tho

·
1,959 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
which price range are we talking about for the Endless? I just hurd that they were good...no pricing info...however...I know that AEM is good too and is also cheap...

p.s. how do these aftermarket brake pads last? in avg.
The Endless Vita Nuova pads are $129.95 for a pair (from ACP). And the prices go up if you want better Endless pads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.