Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it didn't do this at first ofcourse...but as time goes by...when ever i brake from 70mph to like 30- within 5 seconds? my steering rattles and shakes...i feel it pull and go pull and go etc...im sure you all know what im talking about...is this good under WARRANTY ? if yes...where does it say that? what do i say if the service people say NO!!!...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have that problem too. Brought to the dealer yesterday. They found out it was a wharp on the rotor. Resurface the rotor and change new break pad. Now everything is perfect. Under warranty at 24 thousand miles. Bring your car to the dealer they will do that for you.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yes it's the warped rotor and yes it's covered under warranty, just bring the car back asap. it's very annoying. try to make them resurface the rotor AND replace the brake pads. sometimes they try to be cheap on you. this is a known issue with the tls

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea...i was thinking about replacing the brake pads earlier...but woulnd't that VOID the whole brake section of warranty? since its "non stock"

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
yea...i was thinking about replacing the brake pads earlier...but woulnd't that VOID the whole brake section of warranty? since its "non stock"
Nothing voids warranty unless it's proven that the aftermarket product you put on caused the problem. Messing with the ecu is an exception. I don't see how using upgraded brakepads are going to cause any problems either. Go for it!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
It happened to me when I had about 18K miles on my car. I took it to the dealer and they replace the brake pads & resurfaced the rotors. No questions asked. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.