Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys recommend any store products that are good for removing bug/tar. Got a $hitload on my from bumper and some on the sides. I used the one by Turtle Wax, but that was a fvcking waste.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
try using goo gone at Home Depot and it that doesn't work use the stronger Turtle Wax Bug and Tar removal at Kragen.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
umm..... i always just use some soap water to was the car, let it stay wet for some while, then wash it again and all of them come off.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:
blue dawn works good for me, but then you have to do the wax process alllllllllllllllllllll over again. Clay works the best for the bugs that became a part of the paint....
yup, that's why i only stay with car wash soap and let it stay for a while AWAY from the sun. of course you dont' want any kind of detergent sitting on your car under the sun for too long.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
I use the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover. Good stuff. Use sparingly.

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
tear up a 2 inch by 2 inch of tissue. squirt the bug and Tar on the tissue. 'stick' the tissue on the bug crumbs. spray until tissue saturated. Wait 10 - 15 minutes for the bug and tar to work its way into the molecule of the insect. wipe it off.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
bloo_tls02:
This is claybar territory dude...go grab a claybar at your local Autozone and go to it. It'll take it off always.

Austin519

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.