Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to getting clear bumpers. Now I gotta do bubls. I was probably gonna go for PIAA Superwhites, anyone out think I should do otherwise? Im eventually getting 600k HID's, if any of you studious lighting guys know of a bulb that will go nicely. also I need to ask again if our Fog bulbs are h3C oror just H3. radddical thanks

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
The fog light bulbs are H3C but you can convert them to work with regualr H3.

I have 6000K HIDs and its nearly impossible to match them. The HIDs make superwhite bulbs look green. I have LEDs for the parking and corner bumper lights and they match pretty good but LEDs for the bumper lights are very expensive. I think they cost $160 for the pair. :eek: Thats crazy. All I can tell you is dont go with Polarg bulbs because I have them and they dont match at all. Maybe PIAA's.

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the green bad enough to make you want to take them out?

·
Registered
126 Posts
96TL helped me out a while back how to use H3 bulbs for the replacement of H3C bulbs. I'm using PIAA XTREME WHITE H3 bulbs, they are very bright... and white.

If you need help with the conversion, shoot a message - most of us can help you out.

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
esCarbonie said:
is the green bad enough to make you want to take them out?
It all depends on how picky you are. For me the parking and corner bumper lights were definitely too ugly looking. Those lights stay on all the time so it looks worse. At least the blinkers arent on as much. As long as you put bulbs that match in the parking and corner bumper lights, it isnt too bad, just kind of annoying. PIAA makes a series of 194/168 bulbs that look pretty purple. Try those if you dont want LEDs. I think MaxxT has them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
using all PIAA XTremeWhite bulbs, except the headlights - which are SuperPlasma. They are all match nicely, just the headlight a little purple-ish to it. :D

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what Ive heard.. I guess as long as theyre cheap it dont matter too too much ( they are cheap arent they?)

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
esCarbonie said:
thats what Ive heard.. I guess as long as theyre cheap it dont matter too too much ( they are cheap arent they?)
Actually besides LEDs PIAAs are the most expensive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
unx is right - they don't last too long, and 96tl is also right, they are expensive as hell (PIAA). :rolleyes:

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
nInEeiGhtTL said:
Would it be possible for some one to help me make a H3 bulb work for the fogs......that take H3c
thanks in advance
First off get a set of H3 bulbs, 2 short black wires, and 2 crimp-on rings.

Step 1: Unplug the bulbs and remove the rubber weather seals.

Step 2: Tap into the black factory foglight wire with another black wire long enough to go from the plug to the foglight housing. You can just strip a little bit of the factory wire or use one of those wire tap crimps to connect it. It doesnt matter either way.

Step 3: Once you hooked up the new black wire add a crimp-on ring to the end of it. Look inside the foglight assembly and you’ll see 2 philips screws, one on the top, and one on the bottom.
Take off the bottom screw and put it through the crimp-on ring and tighten it. Do the same to the other side.

Step 4: Install the H3 bulbs and plug the wire into the factory plug. Make sure you plug it into the side where the red power wire comes out of the plug.

Step 5: Turn on the lights and test them out!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use leds for the corner bumper light and parking to match my Philip Ultinon HID (purple tint in the morning, super white at night). For the signal lights, after having three sets of the Polarg super white and the PIAA extreme white, and the ARC amber led on, I still like the stock bulbs better because of it bright light yellow, it's also easy to see in daylight than white color. And also because a client of mine got a ticket of $450 for wrong signal light color. :(

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
Yeah its hard to see superwhite bulbs in the daytime and you see superwhite LEDs even less. $450 for having superwhite blinkers? Damn that sucks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
96TL said:

Step 2: Tap into the black factory foglight wire with another black wire long enough to go from the plug to the foglight housing. You can just strip a little bit of the factory wire or use one of those wire tap crimps to connect it. It doesnt matter either way.

Step 3: Once you hooked up the new black wire add a crimp-on ring to the end of it. Look inside the foglight assembly and you’ll see 2 philips screws, one on the top, and one on the bottom.
Take off the bottom screw and put it through the crimp-on ring and tighten it. Do the same to the other side.

Step 4: Install the H3 bulbs and plug the wire into the factory plug. Make sure you plug it into the side where the red power wire comes out of the plug.

thats some good instructions. i was looking for them on the other board until you-know-who disabled the "search" feature for non-paying members...

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
96TL said:

this is some nice instructions 96TL, definitely a nice thing to have guys like you around here :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts