Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering purchasing an 08 Type S... Figured i'd see what people thought since this would be my first TL purchase. It's selling for $14,900 and has a 106,000 miles. It's a 6 speed so I'm not worried about the transmission but I don't think the timing belts been done and I believe that's due at 100k. Also it's had 5 owners which seems kind of high. Thoughts? Does it seem like a good idea?

Here's the carfax:

carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DLR_3&vin=19UUA75648A002765#undefined

And the car itself:
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/630242071/overview/

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '07 type s had 98K when I bought it a few months ago, it was around $15K with 4 owners so the price sounds about right, don't know why they're passed around so much, I love it. The auto trannys in the 07 and 08 TL were replaced with the RL transmission so the issues went away in these years. Check to make sure the Bluetooth works, and that the dash isn't cracked. Those are prevalent issues in these models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.