Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it work? I just got back from vegas and I rented a bmw 330ci convertable and that thing was one hell of a car. It's all me, the driving style, the chassis, etc. Now I haven't told my wife, but I did ask my dad for this advice and he told me a "rollover" can be a pain in the ass and will add a whole bunch to my payments. I still have a little less than 4 years of payment left on the TL. What do you think wait a little longer or take the hit and get that car?:dunno: :p Oh and whoever was in a wdp TL-S( lowered, OEM kit, no spoiler, cleared lights) in vegas w/ cali plates, I was that big korean guy who did that massive smokey burnout on that u-turn on flamigo heading west on the way to Rio in the steel blue bmw.;)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
hhaha bad boy, smoking a rental huh? :)

let's see, i got two scenarios here. i am not sure if you are gonna sell your tls and get a new 330ci or you gonna continue to finance your tls and get another new 330ci?

in the first case, what you would do is to sell your tls, say for 28k, and pay off the bank for the remaining balance. say if you still owe the bank 24k, that means you got 4k right in your pocket. now you will go to the dealer and use that 4k plus whatever down payment you can puke out and get the new car. easy as that. i don't see where you gonna get more payment to handle?

in the second case, it's even easier, just go to bimmer dealer and buy the car with whatever amount of down you can afford. the tricky thing is on the loan i guess. they can check and see that you already have another car in finance already, so they might use that as a reason to jack up the interest rate on the bimmer. if i were you, i might just ask my wife to get the 330ci with her credit and you drive the car (as long as your name is in the insurance that's fine).

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Well....you really need to look at it like this.

If you owe 28k and the dealer will only give you 24k, you're upsidedown $4k, right?

The 330Ci will hit you for about $40k. Now is the bimmer worth it to you for $44k?? That's the real question.

Personally, I wouldn't take the rollover hit unless I really hated my current car. I was recently in this situation when I bought my TLS. I was $4k upside down w/the dealer. But sold the car outright to "break-even". Maybe lost a couple hundred bucks. But much better than the $4k I would have lost trading the car in. (Oh yeah...I hated that car, but still couldn't bring myself to taking that kinda hit in the checkbook.) I wasn't going to pay someone to buy my car.

Be rational about the situation, not impulsive. I'm sure your TL is a nice car, plus...aren't the 3 series up for a makeover soon??

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy_AcurA said:
dont tell me you got the 330ci rental cuz of me... :D :D
Nah I was walking towards the stratosphere from flamingo and I twisted my ankel cause of this real fat lady was walking slowly when a taxi was coming while crossing the street(plus I had on those tall doc martin sandals on). So I was walking it off when I came across a steel blue 330ci convertable that said "rent me". So we went in got price info and asked for the nearest in and out burger. The dude said the closest one is on maryland parkway. So I got a map from him and it was a far walk so I used that as a excuse and got my wife to rent it. So we rented it at the sunset rental and took off. Drop top so the ladies of course were checking out the ride. Loved the car. I think it's more of a lust so I'm still thinking about it. I wanna try hurry and finish school before any other major purchases though. Anyway Jesal you're right, I think I'll kill myself in a m3.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:

Nah I was walking towards the stratosphere from flamingo and I twisted my ankel cause of this real fat lady was walking slowly when a taxi was coming while crossing the street(plus I had on those tall doc martin sandals on). So I was walking it off when I came across a steel blue 330ci convertable that said "rent me". So we went in got price info and asked for the nearest in and out burger. The dude said the closest one is on maryland parkway. So I got a map from him and it was a far walk so I used that as a excuse and got my wife to rent it. So we rented it at the sunset rental and took off. Drop top so the ladies of course were checking out the ride. Loved the car. I think it's more of a lust so I'm still thinking about it. I wanna try hurry and finish school before any other major purchases though. Anyway Jesal you're right, I think I'll kill myself in a m3.
haha a m3 won't kill you, it would fit you just fine :)

and btw, mind telling us how much to rent those cars? i have seen them before but i always wonder how much it would be

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rominl said:

haha a m3 won't kill you, it would fit you just fine :)

and btw, mind telling us how much to rent those cars? i have seen them before but i always wonder how much it would be
$150.00 for 24 hours, 200 free miles, and no fill up necessary...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know you finacal status but is that bimmer really worth the money? My parents have 2 of them and a s500. the bimmers area 92 525i and a 98 540 and granted they are sweet ass rides when they work. On bimmers it is the little stuff that breaks. And to get that joker serviced I hope your pockets run deep. Any way I may be interested in your TL if you plan on selling it. I am looking for a new car it is between the TL-S and a bimmer 325ix but the Tl is winning this battle because of the price. I really don't want 750-800 bucks a month on a car payment that is like rent.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
evolaerok said:
Oh and whoever was in a wdp TL-S( lowered, OEM kit, no spoiler, cleared lights) in vegas w/ cali plates, I was that big korean guy who did that massive smokey burnout on that u-turn on flamigo heading west on the way to Rio in the steel blue bmw.;)
Did you go to LV, Ray??? :sqnteek: :sqnteek: :sqnteek:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Buying a new car while still owing money...

rominl said:

what's the problem? :) he can't go to LV?
No... It's not that!!! Just thought that Ray might be the one.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying a new car while still owing money...

songoku said:

No... It's not that!!! Just thought that Ray might be the one.
nah it wasn't ray, I know what ray looks like. Plus the dude wasn't asian. I think he was hispanic or italian.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying a new car while still owing money...

evolaerok said:

nah it wasn't ray, I know what ray looks like. Plus the dude wasn't asian. I think he was hispanic or italian.
ah ic :) well, maybe his car was stolen :) j/k, could be someone that saw ray's car and got hooked to it so he got a car and did the same thing :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying a new car while still owing money...

rominl said:

ah ic :) well, maybe his car was stolen :)

maybe you're right rominl. I haven't seen Ray in a while in this forum!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.