Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... So i have been searching for a used MDX and I see that the prices are pretty high for this car!

I found a 2007 with 81K miles. The car has all the tech and entertainment package. He wants 10K for it and has not done the timing belt replaced yet...

Do you guys think it's an OK deal for this year and model?

What should I be looking for when buying a used one?

Thank you for your help and advise!!!

Steven

·
Registered
136 Posts
The timing belt is 7yrs or 105,000 miles; whichever come first. It can include; but, not always some or all:
- timing belt
- serpentine belt kit
- water pump
- coolant
- spark plugs
- valve adjustment
- P/S fluid replacement (if dark and original)
- brake flush (if +3 years)
Addition items like AT 3X3 fluid exchange, transfer case, and rear diff might be close or overdue if no records.

The seller is on borrowed time with going almost 13-14 years without a timing belt change. If the seller skipped that, who know what other maint items they skipped or half A$$ to save money.

It was around $1700 at the dealership for my 11 MDX to do the timing belt. I would either get the price dropped for cost of getting the maint done or look for another MDX with the timing belt service done.

Another side issue with the 07-09 MDXs is AT fluid mixing with the radiator fluid because of leaks within the radiator. Check to see if the radiator is original, check for fluid mix, or plan to replace the radiator after purchase.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Something seems fishy here. Seems to cheap for the milage cited.

The timing belt is just one of several things I'd be concerned with. Others would include:

Transmission service & condition
AC system
Brakes
Differential service
Struts
Brakes

If this truly is a low milage creampuff, jump on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.