Acura World banner

Bypass starter kill relay

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Hondacuraplanet 
#1 ·
so, I'm looking around and not seeing much activity here...

I am new to the acura game, having just purchased my much longed after 1993 Vigor and I am hoping I might be able to garner a bit of knowledge.

I recently replaced the battery in my Vig and found to my surprise that the alarm was going off. This was the aftermarket alarm someone had installed some time ago. So; I went through all the typical diag methods to try to clear this alarm and get the vehicle to start. I popped the hood, left the battery unhooked overnight, grounded green/black, even completely disconnected and removed the cancerous wiring behemoth that was invading my wiring harnesses. I am happy to say that the work I have done has indeed solved the alarm issue, I no longer get any blinking, clicking or horn blaring.

My problem is this; every method I have tried has ultimately failed to resolve my no start issue. After two days of exhaustive research I can only deduce that the issue is with the starter kill relay. My query is twofold. 1.) Where is the starter kill relay located? 2.) What wires have to be jumped to bypass said relay so I might be able to start my vehicle again?

I appreciate any help any one could offer.

See less See more
#2 ·
If there's a starter kill relay in the aftermarket security system, the only way you'll be able to find it is by obtaining a wiring diagram of said system. Might even find it just by poking around and looking for whatever doesn't look factory. As a last resort, a competent auto electric shop should be able to sort it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.