Acura World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell all of us unworthies what it's like to own the 6-speed! I'm gonna drive one this weekend, hopefully.

·
Registered
47 Posts
6 speed

previously posted, two test drives two different cars. down side lots of vibration through steering wheel and seat at idle. resonance at ~2500 rpm, when up shift from 4-5th . up sides nice gear box, good clutch action. Handles very well even though does not seem secure,for the money there is not anything close in a maunal tranny. Just drove my partners maxima 5sp, (last years model) clutch sucked, steering was not linear as on cls, just as much road noise, maybe a
little bit less. Same problem with mirrors that are mounted to high, cuts off vision in corners, Is CLS ^SP it worth the $$$$ yes. Is it a BMW or
even and old Legend 5sp coupe , no .Faster than my legend, brakes better, but no where near the quality,

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking more for longer-term drives (what, 2 weeks at the most? heh) but thanks again Jay. :)

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
autoxCLS said:
I was looking more for longer-term drives (what, 2 weeks at the most? heh) but thanks again Jay. :)
Well, I don't have extensive driving in the new '03, but I did test drive one two days prior to official release. Nice....maybe. Fun.....YES.....

Auto....this probably isn't what your looking for, but I'll drop my .02.

What I liked:
6-speed manual
Acura emblem on the steering wheel
Dealer talked about secretaries breasts while I drove!! (shhhhh)

What I didn't like:
Titanium trim
Cup holder :barf:
Stock Wheels
Torque steer when @ WOT
No VSA

Even after all these negatives....I'd still buy it over my '01, just for the 6-speed manual. Me likes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've been in my 03 for 2 weeks. 750 miles.

-The gear box and clutch are different than my previous Nissan 240 but now that I'm used to it like it very much.

-If you push the acceleration, hold on to the wheel, it wants to pull away but it's acceptable.

-The overall comfort, layout of controls are very well thought out.

-Big trunk.

-Corners well, brakes well.

OK, here are the cons:

-You don't sit low like a sporst car. The overall comfort outweighs this but I would like to be lower.

-I would prefer RWD (but getting used to FWD)

-The seat warmer has only 1 setting.

So, bassically I love the car. For $30,000 you cant do much better. Turbo Audi doesn't cut it, BMW's are chick cars.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
6speed said:
-The seat warmer has only 1 setting.

Really??? That sucks. The 01's have a High and Low setting.

I can't believe taking away a setting would save a significant amount of money. How lame :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed. It looks like the warmer button from the 1st gen CL-P too. :mad:

GoldTypeS said:

Really??? That sucks. The 01's have a High and Low setting.

I can't believe taking away a setting would save a significant amount of money. How lame :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup - definitely the 1at gen switch.

And definitely a sign they aren't expecting to have that 6MT too long. :(

6speed said:
the new switch is a push-button on/off

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Yup - definitely the 1at gen switch.

And definitely a sign they aren't expecting to have that 6MT too long. :(

Or maybe a sign that not many people cared too much about two settings. I know I'd be happy with one setting midway between high and low.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
mdaniel said:

I'd be happy to drive a TL-S if it came in a stick. Until then, :thumbdow:
yea, more of the reason i want to sell my TLS and get the new RX-8, opps did i say that? :bash:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts