Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2001 TL....and I have Ground Control Coilovers that I need to install...but I don't know if I should get a camber kit or not.... If you guys think I should...tell me why...if you dont think I should...then tell me why I shouldn't... also tell me what harm it would do to my tires and etc. My GCs been sittin in my garage for like 4 months...and I'm sick of just staring at em and dreaming...help me out please...THANKS @!!!!

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
i have 2001 TL....and I have Ground Control Coilovers that I need to install...but I don't know if I should get a camber kit or not.... If you guys think I should...tell me why...if you dont think I should...then tell me why I shouldn't... also tell me what harm it would do to my tires and etc. My GCs been sittin in my garage for like 4 months...and I'm sick of just staring at em and dreaming...help me out please...THANKS @!!!!
i believe you should at least get camber kits for the rear. the stock one on our cars are very weak and you are pretty much guaranteed to have camber if you lower your car. my comptech springs only give the car 2 inches drop and my rear camber is already out of spec.

the front camber is better, mine is still within spec, however with coilover i don't know how far it could hold up to.

and i guess you already know that with camber you would easily wear out your tires unevenly and could seriously shorten its lifetime? i don't really care much about my stock tires so i am still with stock camber kits, but when i change my rubber i will definitely get it

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree with Rom.:boink:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
[TL]Ridah:
As do I...mine's not too tasty either for a 1.75" drop...I'm getting my kit from Jimster716...better kit than tim at a good price...and he's uh, can we say, a nice guy aside from just when you buy from him? :D

Austin519

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Hell...we should do a groupbuy with Jimster716 on the camber kits...I'm in for a set...

Austin519

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
rominl:
PM Jimster716 and drag him over here :)

Austin519

·
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AUSTIN!!! ur a genius...I'm definetly in for a set too...COME ON GUYS!!! YOU NEED CAMBER KITS ANYWAYS!!! (unless u wanna buy tires ever 3 months):D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
blingbling_girl:
Well either adjust the camber yourself or take it to a shop and have it adjusted as much as you can and have it still fit. That's assuming you want to keep your car low...you can always add spacers and raise it a bit.

Austin519

·
Registered
775 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
I would be interested, but am afraid that with the camber fixed, my rims won't fit. can anyone help me figure this out?
Austin519 is correct...the SPC units allow for rear adjustment from -2.0 degrees to +4.0 degrees. These units are complete adjustable rear camber control arms. An alignment shop should be able to adjust your camber to whatever will fit your wheels.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I can offer a group discount for orders placed at the same time. You guys have to decide which kit you are interested in.

SPC offers either a standalone rear camber kit or a full front and rear camber kit. Let's take a poll or something to figure the best route. Mind you...the full front/rear kit does not apply for the CL as the front is different.

·
Transform and roll out
5,545 Posts
hey, if I just put in H&R Sport's will I need a camber kit? I always figured that I'd need only one alignment after letting the springs settle since I won't be adjusting the height after lowering my car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Neuspeed Sport springs, which has the same specs as the H&R Sports (2"f/1.75"r), and my rear camber is slightly out of spec and my fronts are bearly within spec. One thing to note is that the specs front the alignment shops assume you have stock wheels and tires. If you have aftermarket wheels with wider tires with smaller side walls, the effects of negative camber will be more drastic. I have 235/40-18's and my rear tires are definately showing signs of uneven wear.

I would recommend a camber kit to anyone who has a drop greater than 1.5", especially if you have larger wheels or tires.

I would be interested in getting both the front and rear kits. What's the price range if we get a groupbuy together?

·
GOT RICE?
1,069 Posts
im also interested in the rear camber kit for my TL-S

anyone who lowers there car definitely needs a rear camber kit....

if you want even wear on your tires..

how much do they run right now???

they wont add anymore interior cabin noise right???

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
fahoumh:
Yeah you'll need it...I have those and I sure do.

Jimster716:
Good idea...I'm totally in! Guys come on...get it now while it's cheap. Jim I guess the question is...if we get just the rear kit now...which is all most of us need...but if we get that now...can we get the front one later? And will that be the same as buying the full front and rear kit...just maybe a little more since it's bought separately. Thanks!

Austin519

·
Registered
775 Posts
Austin,
Yes you can buy the fronts later. It will cost more since the front/rear complete kit list price offers significant savings.

The rear only kit will be offered for $73.00 for each side so it's $146.00 for the entire rear plus shipping and tax, if applicable (CA residents). Regular price is $82.30 each. So you save about $20 for the rear kit. This is the same part built for Eibach that's being sold for close to $175-$200 as a kit elsewhere.

The front/rear complete kit is regularly priced at $327.26 (for the Sport which is for cars lowered up to 1.5") and $354.74 (for the Extreme which is for cars lowered up to 3"). I will offer the complete front/rear kit for $300.00 for the Sport and $325 for the Extreme plus shipping and tax, if applicable.

Any questions, let me know.
Jim

PS. This is just a group discount. I don't need a specific number of people to pull this off. But this discount will only be good until the middle of May.

·
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jimster

Jimster: What brand is this camber kit? I thought the entire camber kits cost under $200...ack!! guess not... anyhow...i think im still in...so its around $150...just an idea...maybe we can get a little more people and get the shippings knocked out (?)...

P.S. I'm thinking of lowering around 2" for me...would there be any tire wear outs at all on stock rims/tires in the front???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.