Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive using manual shifting, I can upshift at the proper revs ... but when I let automatic determine the shift-points, it's too high revs for my tastes.
Can this be adjusted?

it's the same with down-shifting, but since I don't really care to put that much effort into it, I just let the programmed shifts do their thing.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's really not an easy one, no. Here's the long answer.....

To shift gears, the PCM controls the shift solenoid valves and automatic transmission clutch pressure control solenoid valves while receiving input signals from various sensors and switches located throughout the vehicle. The shift solenoid valves shift the positions of the shift valves to switch the port to send hydraulic pressure to the clutches. The A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves control CPC valves to shift smoothly between lower gear and higher gear. This pressurizes a line to one of the clutches, engaging the clutch and its corresponding gear.

To change the shift points, you'd either need breakout software to hack into the TCU to change the readings somehow (I don't know how), or you'd have to change the pressure switches to some type of variable setup, and I don't know how you'd do that either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
At what RPM's is the auto shifting at vs manually? And if I remember ( it's been awhile) does the 08 TL have a sport mode for the auto trans, can it be that that's why it's holding the shift points longer than you'd like?

You could also try resetting the ECU so the car re-learns how you like to drive..

·
Registered
4 Posts
auto-shifting happening at revs too high ...

At what RPM's is the auto shifting at vs manually? And if I remember ( it's been awhile) does the 08 TL have a sport mode for the auto trans, can it be that that's why it's holding the shift points longer than you'd like?
No sport mode that I know of; the auto-shifting is happening about 1K RPM higher than when I do it manually.

Thanks for taking the time to make your suggestions. I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.