Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right side headlight assembly in my '04 has had moisture in it for at least a year. The high beam and low beams are now both out. Fog light still works on that side. Can I just replace the headlamp or do I need to replace the entire expense headlight assembly?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Depends on what you want to do here. If the goal is just to have it shine light, replace the bulbs. If you want to seal out moisture, you'll either have to re-seal the housing, or purchase a new one.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Replacing the headlight housing won't do anything except fix your condensation problem. Get it re-sealed by a professional (search JnC on Acurazine).

As for the light issue, Test if it's the bulb, or the ballast/igniter that went kaput.
Test it with the side that's still working.

Eg. Take the working bulb out of the other side and plug it into the non-wokring side.
If it lights up, it means your bulb was burnt out. If it doesn't light, it means bulb is still good, but your ballast/igniter stopped working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acura HID Conversion Kits

I found a very helpful blog at HIDextra and I recommend you guys to read this as well. This will help you answer all your HID Conversion questions for your TLs!:boink:

Visit hidextra.com and go to BLOG category and you'll see their latest blog for Acura TLs! :beerchug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.