Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(CNN) -- The International Olympic Committee Friday afternoon awarded a gold medal to the Canadian figure-skating pair who initially won the silver in a hotly contested performance ruling Monday night.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/02/15/oly.skate.row/index.html

WOOHOO!!!!

They deserved it and they got it!

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Yep, I just heard about this from a co-worker as soon as I got back from lunch. Good for them!!!

:bigok:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
:thumbsup: They definitely deserved it. I love how the russians made a mistake but yet they also see themselves as deserving it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's cool that they were given a gold for their performance.

All I know is I like Jamie Sale.

:boobies: :spank: :boink:

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kuwolde said:

All I know is I like Jamie Sale.

:boobies: :spank: :boink:

Oh yeah.... She is definitely a hottie. I'd still take her even if she was only a silver medalist. :p

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
Yes, there's just something about our women figure skaters... :eek: hmm, actually, women figure skaters in general from everywhere... :tongue:

Interesting how they've become such big name celebrities for having received the silver medal (initially), whereas if they were awarded the gold initially as they deserved, nobody except for figure skating fans and Canadians would still know, or even care, who they were. What amazed me was how graceful and polite they were through the whole ordeal. They made me feel proud to be a Canadian!

:party:

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RiceBoy said:

Interesting how they've become such big name celebrities for having received the silver medal (initially), whereas if they were awarded the gold initially as they deserved, nobody except for figure skating fans and Canadians would still know, or even care, who they were.
:party:
I'd still know who they were because I thought she was a hottie well before I knew they had a chance at getting a medal. :naughty: :thumbsup:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
go canada!! :thumbsup: ;)

notice how they kept saying "aboot" in their interviews? :rofl:

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iridium130 said:

I did notice that and that is the only thing that bugs me aboot her... Every time she says that, I can't help but think of amir's ugly ass! :barf:

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
Iridium130 said:

Really? I didn't notice that...maybe it's because I AM CANADIAN (to quote Molson :D ), but I know for a fact I don't pronounce it that way...really, I don't! I did notice she had a slight accent that I can't quite place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts