Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have replaced the alternator and battery and now she Needs a jump almost everytime I start her. This time when she got a jump all the warning lights came on and wont go off..
Any suggestion as to look @ now,
05 TL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most likely, you have an electrical drain problem. Doubtful you even needed the alternator.

With a charged battery. Disconnect the positive cable. Insert an ammeter between the battery and the terminal. Measure the current drain with the doors closed and keys out. My guess is you have a stuck relay that is leaving something "on" and drawing an amp or more.

Find the electrical drain and your problem solved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What Astrobuf said. But it's been a week. Is it still an issue?

If you have replaced the alternator (yourself?) you have a clue. You need a cheap voltmeter that also measures current. Many, many helpful youtube videos out there, but this is pretty simple.

1) You are going to need at least one door open. Make sure your dome lights are turned off. You may have the door lights. These will cause current draw.

2) Pull each fuse one at a time. Note when the current drops off. There's your problem.

Write back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.