Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother owns a 2002 RSX Type S, which recently had some issues with parking brake. He took to parking it in gear and a couple weeks ago parked on an incline and the car rolled. Now it won't run and billowed smoke when he tried start it.

Has anyone ever heard of a car rolling while in gear and destroying the engine? He thinks he flooded it. I could see it happening but neither I nor anyone i know has ever heard of it. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Seems to me that there's a part of the story here that we don't know ;)

For the car to roll while in gear parked on an incline, he had to have the car in a higher gear with the parking brake not applied, and parked on one hell of a hill. In any event, all that would do would be to spin the engine a few revolutions which wouldn't cause any of what you described.

The only circumstance that would make this all make sense is if his timing chain let go as the car was parked. The odds of that happening are nearly incalculable.

Billowing smoke when he tried to start it and the car not starting tells me that the engine has a larger issue. Did the engine spin faster than normal when he tried to start it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts