Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just bought a 1997 Acura RL. The guy who sold it to me says it just needs a new catalytic converter. Do you know which catalytic converters are compatible with the 97 RL ??Because I cant find the one for this car specifically. Also there’s no check engine light on the dash, does that mean I have time before I can replace it ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you noticing any "rotten-eggs" smell coming from your car? If not I doubt you have a bad converter, with no check engine light and no codes means it's not an issue yet in my opinion. I found a "direct-fit" converter on eBay for for $263.23 but I can't put the link in my response to you. Just go to eBay and look for direct-fit converter for you particular year, model, and trim and you will have options.

·
Vendor
281 Posts
Hi everyone I just bought a 1997 Acura RL. The guy who sold it to me says it just needs a new catalytic converter. Do you know which catalytic converters are compatible with the 97 RL ??Because I cant find the one for this car specifically. Also there’s no check engine light on the dash, does that mean I have time before I can replace it ??
Hi there,

There are many catalytic converters available for the '97 RL.
Below is the link to view the options:
1997 Acura RL catalytic converters & components at CARiD
Just pay attention to the product description where it says, whether the part is Federal or CARB compliant. If you are from CA, you need a CARB-compliant catcon, if no, one that meets federal compliance will do that.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.