Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i forgot if i posted this here before already, so i would do it again.

so from my sigs you know my car "looks" pretty different from the stock tls. so some while ago, i went to the leasing office of my apt, and i parked ouside. it just happened that i parked right next to a wdp tls, which was stock.

so i was waiting in the leasing office as i saw a couple leaving and walked towards the wdp. man, the guy's face when he saw my car was priceless. me and my gf was looking at him the whole time. he literally stopped besdie my car (well he was beside his car too) and starred at mine for a min before realising that his girl was waiting to get into the car :D and i guess he finally realized how much better my car look? :)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
edgalang said:
The kits and springs really add that much of a difference eh? I guess we got so used to it by now from attending the local meets I almost think EVERYONE has them. :)

The only thing I'm missing is the springs...but that's something I'm still bashing my head over.
yeah i know what you saying man. actually, which part of SF you have been that you are having a tough time with the kits? i have been to SF several times, but mostly on the east side (around market and bay bridge) and I don't encounter any trouble with my car (comptech springs + kits). not that i really wanna experience scrapping :)

a lot of people here and especially those i have met have kits on their tl / tls so i don't feel that special about it anymore. it kinda looks "normal" to me. in stead every time i see a 02/03 stock then i would be like, "wow damn my car looks like that when i first got it? umm...." i guess the other way when those people see our cars they would be like, "the salesman didn't tell me they have a special edition of the tls....." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
The only problems I have in the city is peoples driveways. It may not look steep at first but it's the initial rise RIGHT before your wheels make contact that I get all the scrapes from. Since the accident...I have yet to go on one of those driveways, so my bumper is scratch free. I also dont want to limit myself in places I can go. Who knows when you will ever need to travel on Lumbard street.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edgalang said:
The only problems I have in the city is peoples driveways. It may not look steep at first but it's the initial rise RIGHT before your wheels make contact that I get all the scrapes from. Since the accident...I have yet to go on one of those driveways, so my bumper is scratch free. I also dont want to limit myself in places I can go. Who knows when you will ever need to travel on Lumbard street.
haha yeah the famous lumbard street :) well since i lowered my car i already told myself my car is not for off road or some weird places :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
PIAA Platinum White fogs -> $60
Comptech Springs -> $275
Comptech Sways -> $300
OEM kits -> $1000

Watching the guy's face when he checking out my car -----------> PRICELESS

:mhihi: :mhihi:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
songoku said:
PIAA Platinum White fogs -> $60
Comptech Springs -> $275
Comptech Sways -> $300
OEM kits -> $1000

Watching the guy's face when he checking out my car -----------> PRICELESS

:mhihi: :mhihi:
too bad i used discover to pay all of them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.