Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down this two lane street today and out of nowhere this squirrel.. runs out in front of my car... now I knew there was a car behind me and oncoming traffic to the left .... so I slowed down as much as I could but alas the po' lil guy wasnt fast enough for the 3500lbs of angry acura metal barreling for him... needless to say he was a statistic... Im feeling a bit conflicted .... needed to confess..... anyone else..?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vince said:
You did the right thing. There are many a story about people who swerve to aviod animals and end up in the guardrail or oncoming traffic or upside down.
Yeah I know but the thing is he was still alive and kicking after I whacked him :bigcry: ....... I knew what the humane thing to do was so I backed over him a few times to make sure he wasnt suffering .. was that wrong? :hitit: j/k LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG!!!

There was a knock on my front door just know and when I opened it this is who was there!!!

yelling something about being nutz.. having nutz.. I dunno ... I think he wants my Clusters!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:

Yeah I know but the thing is he was still alive and kicking after I whacked him :bigcry: ....... I knew what the humane thing to do was so I backed over him a few times to make sure he wasnt suffering .. was that wrong? :hitit: j/k LOL

:bash: :bash: :bash:

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
JLmax said:
Man, you guys try to miss them?? I swerve FOR them, it's like target practice!!!:D
hHAHAHAHAh My friend who has a green Integra tries to hit them too he is a crazy mofo. I would never swerve out of the way of an animal fuck that. I'm not getting hurt for some dumb animal.

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
I just took an online traffic school about a week ago and one of the questions was about swerving to avoid hitting an animal. You should only swerve if it is completely safe for you to do so.

Side note: If anyone ever has to take traffic school and has the option to take it online, DO IT!!! It only took me about 40 minutes. :D

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
When I was 16 years old, I had a '91 Grand Am (Grand Ma). I was driving one night through an undeveloped area when out of no where, I see before me a deer trying to cross the road.

The dumb-ass decides to run in front of my car at the last second after standing there for an hour (well felt like an hour). I braked hard (remember, these are GM brakes), but to no avail. The car hit him in the ass.

I ended up denting the driver's side (DS) front hood, DS headlight assembly. Not too bad, but made my car messed up looking.

Then about 6 months later, my mom totalled it (she wasn't hurt, thank god):D

I need someone to total the 540i :D (Insurance money baby!)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hey if it makes you feel any better, I swerved to avoid a McDonalds cup on the way home from work tonight. I ended up hitting it pretty squarely though, and I couldn't see it in my rearview mirror after I ran over it. :dumbass:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts