Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading posts a long time ago about certain CD-Rs not working in the Bose stereos in the TL/CL. I never had that problem until I got this awesome price on TDK CD-Rs. After over two years of straight CD-R playing, these damn TDKs won't play in my TL. Has this happened to anyone else? I have 100 of these damn frisbees now!!!:bigcry: I've used Maxell, Sony, PNY, Immation, and I'm sure a few others I can't remember with no problems! These damn TDKs aren't working though. Anyone else have this problem?? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I know how to finalize the CD and all that stuff.... Thanks for your help!!!

Noam

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I use all TDK CD-Rs in my '02 and no problems playing. Sometimes it is cranky to spit them back out because they are a little thick, but they play fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just cleaned the head unit on my 2000 TL and it didn't help... for the fun of it, I tried the same CD in my changer and it works there. The CD won't play in the head unit though.... it sounds like it works really hard spinning, but I hear no sound..... :bigcry: Guess I'm screwed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yah that happens in my 2000 tl also.. it goes it and u hear it spinning but it wont play or it takes a REALLY long time to play... ive used memorex and they are fine but now that i burned it using a NERO instead of ROXIO it wont play.. i got the lens cleaner and it still doesnt work

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to use Roxio, but XP doesn't support it... (gotta love Microsoft).... I loved Roxio actually, but when it didn't work with XP I started using Nero. The Maxell and other CDs that I burned with Nero worked. The TDKs and Nero do not seem to work. Guess I really am stuck with 100 frisbees?

·
Registered
41 Posts
All the ones I've ever used have been fine, but as someone else said - be careful of some of the thicker CD's. I've got one that struggles to get out, and even got stuck once. I didn't want to take the chance, so I burned it onto a new disc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
heard good things about tdk, but they just have bad luck with me. Even the generic stuff works better in my tl....sorry to say LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2000 TL played anything I threw at it... I have a lot of Verbatim blues that it played fine. However, my 2002 doesn't seem to like the blues.. they skip all over. It does like Sony greens though.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I've been using Memorex and had no problem so far! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, so it's settled. To anyone out there reading this that burns their own CDs, stay away from TDKs, you *might* have a problem. I know I did.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Noam said:
OK, so it's settled. To anyone out there reading this that burns their own CDs, stay away from TDKs, you *might* have a problem. I know I did.
\

You try burning them at a slower speed? Either that or try changing the software your using to burn the CD's.

I've used TDK's for years now and they work fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The only ones that work great in my 99 TL are the TDK's almost anythin else won't run!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.