Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know exactly how to change the bulbs to blue in the temp display??? i am pretty sure i have seen a G1 TL with blue color around the temp control knob and inside the display.. plz help... oh yeah just got in from 2 hrs of putting in my underdash neon tubes.. i am hot and it is crazy out there but it was worth it... i think the blue in the temp panel will match well with the neons hehehe :boink:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
KaMLuNg:
It's not a bulb it's LED's...and yeah there were two people that did it...forget who. I'll be undertaking this soon myself. You have to actually replace the LED's...you'll see when you open it.

Austin519

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
KaMLuNg and Jason J:
He spent a couple hundred on LED's....I can get all of them for around $50 or so but will need a group...hopefully I'll be doing this soon.

Austin519

·
Registered
43 Posts
AUSTIN I'd be interested in a group buy for the LEDs. My Pioneer Premier DEH940MP head unit has bright blue leds around the knobs and preset buttons so changing out all the rest of the dash bulbs to blue LEDs would be a natural choice. I am thinking about using blue cold cathode ray tubes in the footwell lighting as well and i found a cheap source for them at $15 each. I just dont want to plunk down near $300 for LEDs....

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
2002acuraTL:
And you won't have to drop $30 either...I know I don't want to. I will post about this as soon as I can...but it will probably be a month before we're out of the upcoming trim groupbuy that's going to have me really busy...so just a warning...

Austin519

·
Registered
53 Posts
Austin i just acidently ordered 65 worth of the wrong LEDS for my boxes. i have here (25) 3mm 25 degree 3200mcd White LED's i would like to get rid of. i belive that the window switches and possibly a few other things on the TL don't require the wide angle view ones. if you or any of you other guys are interested i have 25 to get rid of. ill sell all 25 for 65 bucks or $2.50 a peice.
let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.