Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Johnnyb_s, JPritch and I cleared my lights. It took way longer than expected because we messed up on one of the casings. Will post pics tomorrow in the daytime.:cool: it looks hella sweet:p

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
badazzTL said:
Today, Johnnyb_s, JPritch and I cleared my lights. It took way longer than expected because we messed up on one of the casings. Will post pics tomorrow in the daytime.:cool: it looks hella sweet:p
good. what did you mess up though? were you able to recover it?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing we messed up on was the chrome peice on one of the housings. we used alcohol to clean it and it rubbed some of the paint off. here is the pic:

here is a pic of the finished product:

close up:

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
737 Posts
i like it a lot man...looks great...dont you hate when you fuck things up just to try to make something better...i love the look man...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shyne said:
i like it a lot man...looks great...dont you hate when you fuck things up just to try to make something better...i love the look man...Shyne:king:
thanks bro, yeah i hate when things fuck up and to make it worse, someone on the other board said to use alcohol to clean it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rominl said:
damn, so the missing paint is still in the housing now then?
actually, Johnnyb_s (from the other TL board) let me get his headlights and put the orange reflector back in the messed up casing and he used those. What a nice guy:beerchug:. he said he will not spend $300 on 02 tails to match the clear headlights so he didn't mind.:cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
You guys should of used my chrome sticker method...that way nothin would of got messed up

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fahoumh said:
nice work, man...looks great!
thanks bro

number 3: I tried to do the chrome paper thing like 20 times but it always came off. also, you could still see orange:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
badazzTL:
Looks good dude...hey nice grille...how'd you do it?

Maharaja:
Dude what's with the new name :D. And your way of doing it is much easier...but you don't have light get through...

Austin519

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Austin519 said:
badazzTL:
Looks good dude...hey nice grille...how'd you do it?

Maharaja:
Dude what's with the new name :D. And your way of doing it is much easier...but you don't have light get through...

Austin519
thanks man!
for my grille, I just used a gutter guard that you can get at Home Depot for about $0.69 and cut it to fit the shape of the inside of the grille. It's really easy to do.
:cool:

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
badazzTL said:
actually, Johnnyb_s (from the other TL board) let me get his headlights and put the orange reflector back in the messed up casing and he used those. What a nice guy:beerchug:. he said he will not spend $300 on 02 tails to match the clear headlights so he didn't mind.:cool:
wow, that's really cool....has he posted over here yet?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
badazzTL:
Yeah drag em over!!!

Hey...is it easy to just remove the inner plastic piece...or did you have to dremel it? Because I know I can get a replacement piece for $50 from acuraautomotiveparts.com...

Austin519

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fahoumh: I've been trying to get him over here. He told me he came over here once. I'll try harder:p

Austin519: Everything comes out pretty easily after you pry the lights apart. The large chrome peice, and the reflector just pop right off.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Austin519 said:
badazzTL:
Yeah drag em over!!!

Hey...is it easy to just remove the inner plastic piece...or did you have to dremel it? Because I know I can get a replacement piece for $50 from acuraautomotiveparts.com...

Austin519
Hey Austin, can you post the link to that site? I want to see what they have there. The name of the site doesn't work. Thanks:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.