Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where can i get my corners cleared in Los Angeles area? How much usually they charge for it? Yesterday I went to a body shop and asked them to do it. They were willing to do it for 400 bucks, which is a very high price.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
For 400 bucks, I'd do it for you.
:eek:

·
Registered
615 Posts
there is a place called generation something out in the OC area that will clear for about $100 or so. others have done it there before with ok results. ray, ted and i cleared out ted's headlights a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty simple. just need a heatgun, a couple of flathead screwdrivers or scrapers, and go at it. we used clear rtv silicone but you might be able to get the original bonding agent from honda (ivan said it's called hondabond?). haven't spoken to ted or ray later so i am not sure how they are holding up...well did a pretty good job sealing them though.

there are lots of shops in the san gabriel area, you can hit them up to see how much they charge. how about looking through the recycler for places?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
baggsTLS said:
For 400 bucks, I'd do it for you.
:eek:
For 400 bucks, I can buy another set of H/L. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm trying to get a body shop in santa monica area. i just went to another body shop and they are willing to do it for 350 bucks. :eek: still a lot of money huh? so i will try to find more body shops.

·
Honda Inspire
121 Posts
As Stan has said him and Ray helped me out to clear my headlights and i think we did pretty good job on it. Everything seems fine and even though it rained the RTV Silicone held up and no condensation was built up in my headlight. Thanks a lot Ray and Stan, owe u guys one. Julia if u want hit up Ray and maybe we can set up a day to help u clear your headlights aite? and terangbulan2 do u have a TLS or TL and what year. maybe we can do urs also, gotta ask the guys if they are up for it first. but there is a place in anaheim called generation 1. go to yellowpages.com or something and then ask for the number to the place. they will do your headlights for $100 and it'll take about three hours, but good luck contacting them because they almost never answer there phone. Late.:dunno:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
KappaBoi- said:
Thanks a lot Ray and Stan, owe u guys one. Julia if u want hit up Ray and maybe we can set up a day to help u clear your headlights aite? and terangbulan2 do u have a TLS or TL and what year. maybe we can do urs also, gotta ask the guys if they are up for it first.
[email protected] you bunch of San Gabriel members!! Always work together!!

:bigok: :smokin: :couple: :yes: :laugh:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I went to:
Generation One Motorsports
1879 W Katella Ave,Anaheim,CA 92804
Phone: (714) 817-6904

to get my headlights cleared. I will say that they do an "ok" job since my lights have had some fogging before, but most people have had a problem free experience with them. They do warranty their lights against fogging and will fix it for free, but that's just the extra trouble of going back in and having it fixed if needed.

$100 gets you a set of cleared headlights. Not too bad. Ask for Dean.

sure you can use the services of Ray & Stan for headlight clearing too and probably get it done for cheaper. I'll let them discuss pricing with you. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you sure? but i don't think there is anymore shops that are willing to clear our headlights for 100 bucks. i just called them and they told me 100 bucks for clearing and 25 bucks for the bulbs. it is the best price so far. lol :bigok:

CL-S-Bo said:
I've been to Generations before and that place is kinda scary looking, kinda run down and a lot of taco-mobiles floating around.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
The real question is, can they clear the rear tailights on a CL-S? :)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
rominl said:

errr.... dude, i thought this is a *tad* harder to do? :)
thought I could try, right? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.