Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ALL,

I just want to know if there is a way to get the headlights and turn signals all clear. Someone told me that it would look ricey but I think it just looks clean. I've seen some EL's with clear headlights but they were using Accord bumper lights.

Can you buy the actual lights? Does anyone know where to get them? :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
u could either make the singals to clear by yourself or get it from the japan version (honda domani).

i made mine by myself n it needs some works :)

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
EL_acura said:
cleared corners n singals isnt ricey at all to me :)
I would only consider it rice if the color of the bulb is anything other than white or amber. Blue makes it look like a snow removal vehicle...and believe it or not, I've actually seen a 6th gen Civic with RED corner lights! I really hope a cop stops/stopped him and forced him to remove them right out of his car that instant, and slapped him with big a fine and across the head for being stupid...there's a reason why red is used ONLY for the lights at the BACK of the car! The 1.7 EL have stock cleared corner lights except for a small amber reflector on the sides, although the bulb itself does light up amber.

The turn signal thing I'm a little on the fence about. I've seen cleared turned signals that are perfectly fine, and some that flash way too bright that they are blinding to oncoming traffic. I'm also of the mind that turn signals should be amber to differentiate them from the headlights. The turn signals on the 1.7 EL appear clear but flash amber. I've come to accept red rear signals (as the 1.7 EL has them, and I'm driving one of those!), but ONLY if they flash separate from the rear illumination lights (like the 1.7 EL, 3.2 CL, 7th gen Civics, Accord coupes, recent Integras...) Like on many U.S. vehicles, the using same bulb as the illumination, hazard, brake AND turn signal, are completely unacceptable to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey EL_acura,

I saw yer post about doing yourself, and I took a peek at your site. Cool page man! How did you do the custom work on the headlights and turns? Did it take long? I found a site that can sell the lights but it's in the US. I don't know if there are any dealers here in canada.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Frostbite said:
Hey EL_acura,

I saw yer post about doing yourself, and I took a peek at your site. Cool page man! How did you do the custom work on the headlights and turns? Did it take long? I found a site that can sell the lights but it's in the US. I don't know if there are any dealers here in canada.
i dont know if u can buy the clear singals in US, but im sure u can order it from japan

it took me 6 hours to clear the corners, n 2 days on singals

for corners, first u need to take out the headlight ( which u need to remove the bumper), use heat gun or i use hair drier to melt the seal around the light. heard people just throw it into oven, but gotta beware on this cause if u overtimed the whole light will melt :p after u can separate it then u will know how to take off the ornage lense on the corner.
i suggest since u doing this, u should paint the housing too( like mine)

for singals, u have to break the orange leanse, buy clear plastic from home depot place like that. cut it in shape and use heat gun to make curl to fit on it..

i dont think i explain it well, u could check out this guy page.http://www.axxent.ca/~barc/acura.htm i think this would help better

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the post man.
I like the pic of your lights. I've got the "mist" color or my wife calls a cheap cameleon color. Is it purple? or is it silver? dun matter... So, if I do get them painted I hope it turns out the same.

I'll check out the site and see if I can do it. I'm not too good in doing the "do it yourself" projects.

:bash:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's it! I'll see if I can do it this weekend then. Hope it turns out right!:chainsaw: :dumbass:

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Post some pics here if you can, once you've done the work!

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Make sure you take pics all along the way so you can do a step-by-step.

:)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:( Very sorry guys I've just started a new job and havn't found time to get them started....plus with this crazy weather it's hard to sit outside whem the April Snow is falling. Once I get settled in and the weather gets better I will get them cleared.

·
grrrrrr.............
163 Posts
So what size bulbs are right for the rear turn signals? I have heard the 7740s....but I bought them and they don't fit right. Anyone knows??

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
projecteva said:
So what size bulbs are right for the rear turn signals? I have heard the 7740s....but I bought them and they don't fit right. Anyone knows??
Are you talking about the rear signal lights for the EL? I'm confused because you're in California, where the EL isn't available. I would imagine they are the same as for a Civic of the same model year, although what size they are, I don't know. I've never had to change my signal light bulbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts