Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 cls 6sp is in, I will drive it on Saturday,dealer will have a demo also to drive.scheduling does not permit earlier drive, also want time to do it right, Will report on Saturday. Dealer says demo is wonderful. Having second thoughts on trading in my 2000 528 BMW, at the tremendous loss , getting 29K in trade for a
2000 528 with 12500 miles . I drove a friend 2001
CLS auto this weedend,it goes well handles well is very quiet, but is not well built as the BMW, even though they weigh the same, Keep you posted ,:) :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Awesome!

My mother-in-law (a 2-time previous 3-series owner)bought a TLS because the local BMW dealer was a POS, and she couldn't justify spending 10k more for 97% the car. :dunno: YMMV of course, but I can't wait to drive the 6MT!

That LSD is supposed to be a mechanical miracle cure for oversteer. :)

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Well, all a LSD does it to apply power to the wheel with the most grip. Torque steer is a result of the driving wheels also being the turning wheels. It used to be MUCH worse on FWD vehicles that had unequal length half-shafts. Honda started using equal length half shafts some time ago, and that got rid of a bunch of the torque steer problems. Of course, they never had a 220lb-ft FWD car before now. ;)

I recall that the TLS has torque sensitive steering as well as speed sensitive steering - I'd bank that if the '03 CLS gets the torque sensitive steering as well as the HLSD, it would be a huge improvement over the '01 CLS.

Does anyone know if the CLS gets torque sensitive steering for '03?

mdaniel said:

Does it do anything for torque steer?

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Oh yeah, BTW - probably killin you to wait till Saturday, eh? :pimpgrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts