Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: 2003 CL Type S, 6MT with Comptech CARB Compliant SC

Rebuilt SC, replaced timing belt and serpentine belt.

Symptoms:
After driving 80miles in 6th gear at freeways speeds (60-80mph),car loses power with no warning lights on. If I shift into neutral and rapidly tap the accelerator, I can brings the revs up enough to put it back into a lower gear and keep driving.

At idle, no amount of smooth accelerator travel will raise the tach above idle for a few seconds. Rapid tapping/stabbing of accelerator eventually raises tach and I can slip the clutch and take off.

Once after one of these episodes I let it sit idling for 20-30min and it ran perfectly the rest of the night.

One episode occurred while the car was still cold. Lots of stuttering in gear that would disappear if I took my foot off the gas.

Throttle position sensor? MAF? Alternator?

Mechanic says he cannot replicate error. :(

· Registered
3 Posts
Situation: 2003 CL Type S, 6MT with Comptech CARB Compliant SC

Rebuilt SC, replaced timing belt and serpentine belt.

Symptoms:
After driving 80miles in 6th gear at freeways speeds (60-80mph),car loses power with no warning lights on. If I shift into neutral and rapidly tap the accelerator, I can brings the revs up enough to put it back into a lower gear and keep driving.

At idle, no amount of smooth accelerator travel will raise the tach above idle for a few seconds. Rapid tapping/stabbing of accelerator eventually raises tach and I can slip the clutch and take off.

Once after one of these episodes I let it sit idling for 20-30min and it ran perfectly the rest of the night.

One episode occurred while the car was still cold. Lots of stuttering in gear that would disappear if I took my foot off the gas.

Throttle position sensor? MAF? Alternator?

Mechanic says he cannot replicate error
whats mean and give some of picks sharing
your losing power , so maybe your getting a intermittent fuel loss through fuel pump or injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts