Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's crazy to think that I could possibly replace my clutch myself, but how can I definitely know unless I ask to see what's involved and needed in the process.

Car specs:
Acura Integra 1996

Even if it's beyond my capabilities it'd still be nice to know the following so if a friend claims he knows how to do it I can tell if he's full of shit or not.

What tools will I need?
What's the step by step process?

·
Boost, not in C.A.
1,076 Posts
Here's the diy: How to install a clutch on a G3 Integra - Team Integra

I've done it off the car and it was cake but of course doing it while it's on the car maybe different.

I hear it's a complete bitch to do and you'll have to drop the tranny. Some of the tranny bolts are difficult to get to and if you have a cherry picker, you maybe able to not have it drop on your chest.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
If you can bench press about 125 lbs then you should be able to do it without an engine lift but the lift will make it easier. Doing it on the car requires removing more parts but its really not THAT hard to do on an Integra if you're mechanically inclined and decently organized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.