Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I saw a post here a while back where someone installed some springs and coilovers and documented and took picks of the install, I tried looking for it but was unsuccessful, Has anyone else seen this? or anyone know where I can find it?:bash:

·
Registered
737 Posts
i think it was Ken2000ac...he installed the zeal's a while back w/his boy JLmax...pm him, he might still have pix man...its a job either way you look at it...which coilovers you getting, the zeal b6 is still top of the line...the teins are best value...let us know what you have planned...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought some Tein Coilovers, I was part of that group buy blackmagic was having. i think installing the front should be that bad, but the back must be a hassle cause I heard you have to take out the back seats.:sqnteek: and I also wanted to get them BR5 Wheelz. but you beat me to them!!!!!!:D I can't wait to get these COILOVERS!!!!!!!!!!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oSoFastFerU said:
I just bought some Tein Coilovers, I was part of that group buy blackmagic was having. i think installing the front should be that bad, but the back must be a hassle cause I heard you have to take out the back seats.:sqnteek: and I also wanted to get them BR5 Wheelz. but you beat me to them!!!!!!:D I can't wait to get these COILOVERS!!!!!!!!!!
well from what i heard, yes you have to take off the back seat but it's actually not that hard at all

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
oSoFastFerU:
Until I finish the FAQ (just need to add the pictures) check out my website... www.acura-tl.org .

Austin519

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
actually i did take some pics, but not a thorough install step-by-step prcedure.

if you have ever installed anything you will find that installing a full-coilover setup will be fairly easy. HOWEVER....i believe your Teins use the stock pillow mount...and i have no clue how to switch the stock one over to the Tein unit.

otherwise, it's rather simple...just take your time and you'll be fine. the rear does make you take the back seats out...but taking the back seat out is SOOOO VERY easy you'll have no problems. just be sure to have a socket extender in your set...this way you'll be able to easily get in between the cushions to get to the bolts.

just be careful not to scratch the leather....it's very easy to do when you're working back there with the tools and taking the back rest off.

good luck!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
ken2000ac:
Ah that's what those round things are called ;). Yeah you have to take that whole assembly apart for springs...so I guess the pics on my site'd work...or the upcoming DIY.

Austin519

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Austin519:
Thanks for that link man, I really Appreciate it.

ken2000ac :
Yea, I was reading about the teins, and you have to use the stock pillow mounts, but I thought all I had to do was take out the original strut take the top off of it and stick ontop of the new one........someone PLEASE CORRECT ME if im wrong.... but I was also reading that you could purchase a steel pillow mount from tein, but I Don't think I'll be doing that, Thanks for all the help guys, keep that info coming!!!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
oSoFastFerU said:
Austin519:
Thanks for that link man, I really Appreciate it.

ken2000ac :
Yea, I was reading about the teins, and you have to use the stock pillow mounts, but I thought all I had to do was take out the original strut take the top off of it and stick ontop of the new one........someone PLEASE CORRECT ME if im wrong.... but I was also reading that you could purchase a steel pillow mount from tein, but I Don't think I'll be doing that, Thanks for all the help guys, keep that info coming!!!

:beerchug:
OH YEAH dont' forget to use some grease when you are putting them in...the more lubed up the suspension is, the better. i honestly forgot the first time and had to go back and do it later.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ken2000ac said:

OH YEAH dont' forget to use some grease when you are putting them in...the more lubed up the suspension is, the better. i honestly forgot the first time and had to go back and do it later.
Where Shoul I Apply this Grease?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ken2000ac said:

wherever metal comes in contact with metal. mostly on the pillow mount...although re-using the stock mount should still have some grease on it.

can't hurt to grease it up again.
Thanks for all the info dude, I can't wait to get these coilovers, BTW did you ever get a new car?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
oSoFastFerU:
Np...the link's there for a reason. Good luck and let us know :)

Austin519

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ken2000ac said:

actually i've got an appoitment at 3:30 today to order an S2000.

me = :ken: = excited!
S2000??? I test drove that thing, and I got out of it during the test drive, Freakin thing made me feel cluasterfobic.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
systek:
Up in the DIY section...but dude you KNOW how to do this...

Austin519

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
systek:
When I installed em all he had were C and D...

Austin519

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.