Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to change my factory speakers to a component speakers anyone have any suggestion what brand and type should I use,i want a component speakers that can be used for spl setting,so far i used 2x 12" rockford hx2 and rockford 800.2 amps,and also what kind of amps you think should i used for the mid and high?will 5 1/2 size fit our cars someone asked me to use kicker component spekaers,what you guys think thx

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
silver_seraph:
5.25-5.5 works yes. Kicker components are as bad as the RF ones you used...not enough SQ. Get JL XR series or Focal...or Infinity. I can get pretty good prices on JL XR's if you decide to go that way. As for the amp...depends on the set you get...but mids and high? So you don't want woofers in the front...aka any 2 or 3 way setup....which you also have to specify to us...2 way, 3 way, or coaxial, and what price range?

Austin519

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for your input,but i talk to some audio installer and they said the character from focal won't match the rockford sub as the rf sub itself has a spl character while the focal component speakers is more to a sound quality,and how much can you get me the jl xr?i think i am goanna used the hifonics z700 series it is a 5 chan amps and has a 50x4 and 1 x 200 watts,i can get it for 220 inlude shipping so i thinks it is a good deal,for the component speakers itself i am still not so sure what to get,start to think about hifonics instead of others what you think?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
silver_seraph:
Nah most of those guys don't know much...this guy was just blowing smoke. Tell me, did you tell him you were also looking at JL's? And did he carry Focal? If the answers are yes and no respectively he just wanted to sell you some stuff and lied to you...a lot do. I'm not a big hifonics fan...nothing special. RF is higher quality. As for the price of components...what do you want? Go check out www.jlaudio.com and look. Keep in mind the installation cost or work to DIY when you choose.

Austin519

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
where can i find info abt the JL XR and what kind of RF and Infinity..help me out austin

·
Registered
5,174 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i cant find any info abt the JL XR on the JLaudio website? :dunno:

which components system should i go for under 300 bucks and what 6 x 9 rear speakers should i get? I jus want to have good sounds. Also what amp should I power the speakers and what can i do with the stock amp?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
X3.2clsX:
http://www.jlaudio.com/evolution/xr.html

They're JL Audio Evolution XR series...I can get any of the XR series through my guy for under $300. JL doesn't make 6x9's. they do make 5x7's that will fit in that hole however. The stock amp CAN power the speakers...but preferably you would get an aftermarket amp, such as a Rockford Fosgate 800.4 (100x4 @ 4 ohms).

Austin519

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Austin....

so what front components system should i get? the XR 6.5? and what abt the rear? What speakers u think i should get?

Total budget...maybe abt 500 bucks or 600

thanks

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
X3.2clsX:
Yeah...6.5's or 5.25's for the front...and 5x7's for the rear deck. Now...you have to ask yourself how difficult of an install do you want? Drop ins? Get 5.25 coaxials/5x7 coaxials. Easy but not drop in? Get 6.5 2 ways/5x7 2 ways. Difficult? Get 6.5 3 ways/5x7 2 ways. Granted you get better sound as you go up...but it's harder to install. All three fall within your price range assuming you don't get an amp.

Austin519

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a pair of JL 650xr series for my TL-S from Austin and trust me....... you can't go wrong. They sound kick ass!!

Iggy

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Iggy:
:thumbsup:

Austin519

·
Registered
242 Posts
Austin,

Here is what I was planning for my setup...what do you think?

I was going to get the Powerdriver from www.linkmeup.com so I could still use the stock 6 disc changer deck.

Then I was going to power the front and rears with a JL Audio 300x4

The fronts I was thinking of are either the Diamond Audio S600s or the Focal 165V SLIM 6.5", I am having a hard time deciding.

For the rears I was able to get a pair of new Polk db6500 for $95. SO I know that is a little much for rear but so what :)

For the sub I was going to do a basslink Infinity. That way it gives decent sound and is movable if I need the trunk space.

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
LOL maybe I should notice that before I respond to things!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick question for you guys on this same topic, I posted earlier but this might be a better thread to post on. I have Infinity 6.5" components running on the stock HU and I'm getting some static, is this because of the Bose HU?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.