Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so everyone loves the headers - that's easy. But, with the following list, what would you go for first?

1) Sways
2) Springs
3) Headers
4) Exhaust
5) Short ram / CAI

From what I've heard and read, the exhaust is a waste 2-5 hp MAX. Besides - I like the oval tips on ours better. I'm leaning towards doing the sways first, then maybe the springs. Headers are low just because of cost.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I don't know why everyone loves the headers.... they give you a BARELY perceptible amount of push above 5000rpm. Gee... and for only $1200 - what a bargain! :rolleyes:

I did springs and sways at the same time and with installation they cost about $1000... just under what the headers cost. I think the springs/sways are worth well over twice what the headers are worth in terms of a dollar amount. I could so easily live without the headers, but I wouldn't enjoy this car nearly as much without the springs/sways.

I would do things in this order:

Sways
Springs
CAI

I wouldn't even bother with headers or exhaust.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
I only have the CAI and springs right now, but I'd have to say springs would definetly be #1 on my mod list if I were to start all over again...

Just can't stand the SUV gap anymore ;)

Gotta love the CAI growl though....:D :D :D

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
I would go with sway bars. They are a must, especially for you Mr. autoX. They were my first mod and they are hands down still the best way to improve the handling of the CL. My theory is as follows: Why add more power if your suspension can't keep up? And that is the case with the CL-S. There is more than enough power in it's stock form.

I would do as follows:

1. sway bars
2. springs
3. tires (when they wear out)
4. CAI
5. Headers

·
Registered
48 Posts
GoldTypeS said:
I don't know why everyone loves the headers.... they give you a BARELY perceptible amount of push above 5000rpm. Gee... and for only $1200 - what a bargain! :rolleyes:

I did springs and sways at the same time and with installation they cost about $1000... just under what the headers cost. I think the springs/sways are worth well over twice what the headers are worth in terms of a dollar amount. I could so easily live without the headers, but I wouldn't enjoy this car nearly as much without the springs/sways.

I would do things in this order:

Sways
Springs
CAI

I wouldn't even bother with headers or exhaust.

The thing with headers is the cost. I think if they didn't cost so much one might feel better about the gains. Apparently, WarpSpeed is supposed to have headers comming out soon but then again they have been saying that for about a year now. DC Sports is also going to have headers out for the CLS so we'll see.

Although i think the headers are bit expensive, i will probably buy them. Performance doesn't come cheap.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
I wonder if 01-02 headers will fit the 03 MT. If not, it'll never get headers because there won't be enough of them to justify the R&D.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
mdaniel said:
I wonder if 01-02 headers will fit the 03 MT. If not, it'll never get headers because there won't be enough of them to justify the R&D.
They will fit. I believe the headers that fit the CL-S also fit all J series V6 engines including the Accord. That's why they've been available since day one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts