Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
in terms of hp i think the sc is not that good at all. 50 hp gain on our cars..... with sc, usually you can expect 30-40% gain. our car stock is around 190hp, 50 is only a bit more than 25%...... my bet is it's coz' of the tranny and powertrain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,773 Posts
rominl said:
in terms of hp i think the sc is not that good at all. 50 hp gain on our cars..... with sc, usually you can expect 30-40% gain. our car stock is around 190hp, 50 is only a bit more than 25%...... my bet is it's coz' of the tranny and powertrain
Well, you can also swap out the pulleys and run higher boost if you're a gambling man...
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
yeah, i mean if i really have the money to get the sc, i would probably just put in another 2k to swap out the whole manual, torque converter, etc etc......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
i would take that thing in a heart beat...it really is an exceptional piece of craftsmanship...I cant lie, comptech makes some quality shit...why does it say something about Mr.Hyde on the review...Shyne:king:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
They arent talking about "Mr. Hyde" the guy that we know who posts on the boards. I think this is more or less just describing the twin personalities of the car with the supercharged engines. I was wondering the same thing when i first read the story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Did you guys see the article about the comptech supercharger in the latest issue of Sport Compact Car magazine? It says the supercharger for the Accord is already out and the one for TL/CL/TLS/CLS/CLS-6 speed should be out very soon.
 

·
That is all.....
Joined
·
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rominl said:
in terms of hp i think the sc is not that good at all. 50 hp gain on our cars..... with sc, usually you can expect 30-40% gain. our car stock is around 190hp, 50 is only a bit more than 25%...... my bet is it's coz' of the tranny and powertrain
50hp is good considering it's throught the whole power range. I mean the headers add what 32hp in mid? Plus the 50hp is projected for the Accords and TL/CL-P. We all know that the headers add more power to the Type S models and maybe the same applies here.
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:


50hp is good considering it's throught the whole power range. I mean the headers add what 32hp in mid? Plus the 50hp is projected for the Accords and TL/CL-P. We all know that the headers add more power to the Type S models and maybe the same applies here.
you could be right, gain across the whole band is definitely a nice thing. if there is 75hp gain at wheel on our cars it would be a nice thing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Jeez Louise, $4500 for the SC, $2000 for the headers to get that 100 HP increase. That's some serious chunk of dough.

If I ever want to own something like that it'd have to be after my car payments are done.

And what about our origami-soft transmissions?
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
daverman said:
Jeez Louise, $4500 for the SC, $2000 for the headers to get that 100 HP increase. That's some serious chunk of dough.

If I ever want to own something like that it'd have to be after my car payments are done.

And what about our origami-soft transmissions?
simple, change it as well. i am serious, think about it, the sc could easily burn the tranny, why not just get a new better one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I dunno... $4500 for the SC, $2000 for the headers, $500 for a Level 10 TQ, $2500 for a Level 10 tranny... that's $9500, excluding labor. Wouldn't I be better off buying a $45k car in the first place?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top