Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with Comptech and the release is getting closer!! We are still looking at a November release date on them and the pricing looks as if it will be about the same as the Accord V6 @ $4495 list. The only thing in addition to the supercharger that you will need is a smaller battery, because it will need to be relocated down on the frame rail and a tranny cooler with Red Line ATF if you are running the automatic.

You all know that I do not sell things at retail, so how many of you would be interested in it for, say $3900 shipped?!?!?!? (As long as the price is the same as the Accord V6--though I will probably be able to do better) :)

Comptech is currently getting about 80HP on the Type-S cars! And a member from another forum has already covered the warantee issue with American Honda--no problems as long as you do not do internal engine modifications.

We have decided to start getting information from people to start a waiting list if anyone (everyone) is interested.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks again,
Dean Baty

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
What do I get with 3900???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian,

You know that price is just preliminary. Once I have firm pricing from Comptech and figure out my cost, I know the price will probably be even better. :D

songoku,

It will come with the Supercharger, Icebox, instructions and all mounting hardware.
If you have an automatic, you will need a transmission cooler (B&M is about $40).

Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. It is not all that much boost, so a different fuel pump is not really necessary. (4-6psi due to higher compression)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
How much HP does it gain????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
songoku,

Currently the Type-S is gaining about 80hp.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J.T.

The Accord is seeing between 40-50 over what the cars were getting with intake, header, exhaust. I am still waiting on numbers for the TL-P.

Dean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bacardi151,

OR, you can relocate it to the trunk. I have a couple of Accord owners who have done that. :D

Dean

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
deansbluesi said:
J.T.

The Accord is seeing between 40-50 over what the cars were getting with intake, header, exhaust. I am still waiting on numbers for the TL-P.

Dean
so the 80hp gain, is it over a tls WITH H/E/I?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hell yeah!!! If you already have the Header WOW your car will fuckin' PULL HARD!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rominl,

That is what Comptech is telling me so far. Unless, I am not listening correctly. I will be sure to verify this tomorrow morning for everyone so that I don't end up putting out a bunch of wrong information. :p

Dean

·
Registered
333 Posts
Does it work with AEM CAI? Or is it only compatible with their Icebox?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SLVR TL,

If it is anything like the Accord system, it will only fit with their Icebox intake.

Dean

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.