Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, after putting these bad boys in, the car handles like a dream.

If there is one mod i definately recommend, its sway bars. Body roll is GREATLY reduced! You can take corners at 40 when before you can only take em at 20. Its really amazing how much they make a difference.

Not to mention, easy to install!

·
Yuck Foo
2,624 Posts
djkojione said:
I must say, after putting these bad boys in, the car handles like a dream.

If there is one mod i definately recommend, its sway bars. Body roll is GREATLY reduced! You can take corners at 40 when before you can only take em at 20. Its really amazing how much they make a difference.

Not to mention, easy to install!
Congrats! :beerchug:

When I got my sways installed, I was in heaven. I actually almost hit a curb on my first right hand turn out of the shop area because it went around so tightly. :D

This makes me want to go drive my car around now and enjoy the handling.

Side question: How hard do you think it would be for me to go in and lubricate the bushings? They are quite squeaky and I'd like to eliminate the noise.

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
Re: Re: Comptech Sways Installed!

SidVicious said:

Congrats! :beerchug:

When I got my sways installed, I was in heaven. I actually almost hit a curb on my first right hand turn out of the shop area because it went around so tightly. :D

This makes me want to go drive my car around now and enjoy the handling.

Side question: How hard do you think it would be for me to go in and lubricate the bushings? They are quite squeaky and I'd like to eliminate the noise.
congrats to djkojione on your sways. i have the same feeling too, after i installed the new sways the car handled so much better. finally the car can turn.

SidVicious, where did you install your sways? squeaking is not good. can you bring it back to where you installed it and asked them to take care of it? i got mine installed in south cali and the place promised me that they will fix the squeak if there is any.

also when did you get your sways? did it come with the lubricant or the tape? i know that comptech has changed to tape now coz' it does a better job on preventing squeak. maybe you can check on that too

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
blulegend said:
I heard the only long ter msolution is to alter the stock rear bushings to fit the larger bar.
A good quote taken from Road Rage: ( thread )
The Comptech bushings are polyurethane - you can adapt the factory bushings, but remember that the stiffer poly bushing will not deflect as much, and will give a sharper, more precise and consistent turn in - that is why racers use them, since a solid bushing will not change the suspension attitude fractionally over a short interval, leading to possible attitude change in mid-radius of a turn.

·
Yuck Foo
2,624 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Comptech Sways Installed!

rominl said:

SidVicious, where did you install your sways? squeaking is not good. can you bring it back to where you installed it and asked them to take care of it? i got mine installed in south cali and the place promised me that they will fix the squeak if there is any.

also when did you get your sways? did it come with the lubricant or the tape? i know that comptech has changed to tape now coz' it does a better job on preventing squeak. maybe you can check on that too
I got my sways installed at South County Autosports which unfortunately went out of business. I believe that my sways were installed before the tape method was released. Any recommendations? :dunno:

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Comptech Sways Installed!

SidVicious said:

I got my sways installed at South County Autosports which unfortunately went out of business. I believe that my sways were installed before the tape method was released. Any recommendations? :dunno:
you have any other mod shops that you are familiar with? i can give you the contact for the shop i went but i don't know how they are gonna charge you

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
KappaBoi- said:
Just a quick question, which are better, the comptech or the nuespeed ones? cause i want to get sways but i dunno which kind and what are the pricings on them?
i believe most people went with the comptechs. i know edgalang and austin519 went with the nuespeed sways which are way more aggressive. the eibach hasn't come out yet so it's hard to say.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMO i think you should go with comptech. not to say anything about Neuspeed, cause I own their strut tower bar, but most people have the comptech sways, and like me, are very satisfied with the handling improvements it gave.

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,477 Posts
KappaBoi- said:
its soooo hard to decide on which one to get.

:spank: Try doing a search on it over at A-tl.com. I've participated in a crap load of anti-roll bar debates when I was the only one sporting the Neuspeeds. Eventually everything just goes in circles...so now I just stay :cool:

·
1,477 Posts
KappaBoi- said:
edgalang, personally how do u like the neuspeed strut bar? cause i don't know what to decide on right now.:uhh:
Strut bar is doing fine. I might of gone with Eibach if I knew for SURE that it can co-exist with the OEM one (like the Neuspeed) just because it uses 3 bolts per tower to help support it rather than just 2.

I'm not quite sure we are talking about the same thing here, since it would seem that you are interested about sways (that's why you singled me out right?)...but all of a sudden you are asking me about strut bars which almost everyone has the same of...NEUSPEED.

·
Registered
29 Posts
edgalang, what are the main differences between the comptech and nuespeed sway bars? I just installed a larger sway bar on my 2001 Sport Trac and it made a very big improvement. I am sold on what this mod can do provided the stock sways are too small and twist when pushed through a tight turn.

·
1,477 Posts
DB_03TLS said:
edgalang, what are the main differences between the comptech and nuespeed sway bars?
Differences between the Comptech anti-roll bar package vs. the Neuspeed's.

Front:
Neuspeed = solid bar (very heavy...very rigid ~2x weight of comptech/stock bar)
Comptech = Hollow bar (sidewall thickness unverified)
OEM = hollow bar

Rear:
Neuspeed = 25mm + (polyurethane bushings + comes with better brackets + bolts + washers + nuts)
Comptech = 22mm (polyurethane bushings + reuse OEM brackets + bolts + nuts)
OEM = 19mm(type-S) 18mm(premium) both use rubber bushings.

Pricewise:
Nuespeed = more $$$ because you have to buy them seperately.
Comptech = more $$$ because it's Comptech.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.