:dunno:

Sorry,
Austin519

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2002acuraTL said:
I have the Compustar and its great! First class display and the range is unbelievable!! I paid $260 USD for mine from a site in Canada. I installed it myself.
did you install any other modules with it?

did it change your car insurance +/- any?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed a set of air horns to work with the alarm, replaced the silly 6 tone siren that came with the alarm (the ONLY lame part of the alarm in my opinion actually) with a normal warbler, and used a Clifford Omnisensor instead of the two stage shock sensor that comes with the alarm. I reused the Clifford sensor because in the 10 years and two cars before the TL where i have used it, it never falsed once, not even in thunderstorms, and i figure you shouldnt mess with success! Other than these few tweaks, the Compustar is phenominal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
btw, you can call Steve Gallo at Wiremagic.com to purchase the unit. get his number from off the website. His company Autoland is a distributor of compustar in canada and he can ship one to you in the US. Oh, and one more BTW, you will also need a transponder bypass kit (BKPH2 I think it is, but he will know which one you need (he has a TL as well)) for the remote start of the compustar to work. As you may know, there is a small chip embedded in black part of the car key. The fuel pump will not turn on unless the key is in the ignition, so the transponder bypass learns the code in the key and when you use the remote start, the transponder bypass sends the code to the correct wire in the ignition harness to trick the car into thinking the key is in it, and viola! the car will start. Not to worry though, unless you put the real key into the ignition and turn it forward before touching the brake pedal (which you have to do to put the car in gear) the engine will cut off. No one can steal the car with the engine on from remote starting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.