Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear you passed your CPA exam! Congratulations Dhiren! :party:

-Maria

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
He's an accountant now, eh? I kinda figured... on account of he's a weirdo! Ha! :mhihi: :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
What, exactly, does it take to become a CPA?

Speaking of which, I need a good one to do my taxes this year. Know anyone in Orlando? :D

·
Registered
29,611 Posts
Thanks guys it was not an easy road. I studied every night for 3 and a half months on every aspect of accounting. All I have to do now is pass the ethics portion to get licenced. Next in line is the JD. I am starting law school this August at UM and the best part is that it is free :D.

Thanks again and next time you are out, have a :drink: in honor of me.

I just sent my resume to Enron and Arthur Anderson, wish me luck.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Orange & Green said:
Thanks guys it was not an easy road. I studied every night for 3 and a half months on every aspect of accounting. All I have to do now is pass the ethics portion to get licenced. Next in line is the JD. I am starting law school this August at UM and the best part is that it is free :D.

Thanks again and next time you are out, have a :drink: in honor of me.

My best friend is a partner for KPMG here in Dallas. He got his MBA from Kellogg (at Northwestern) in '91. He makes damn good money!

Good luck!

·
Registered
29,611 Posts
autoxCLS said:
What, exactly, does it take to become a CPA?

Speaking of which, I need a good one to do my taxes this year. Know anyone in Orlando? :D
In Florida, as in most states, you have to have a certain number of credits in accounting core classes the number of credits you need is accomplished by doing your 5th year of accounting (masters degree). There are a few options you can take, MPA, MBA or MST. I chose the ladder (Masters of Science in Taxation). Once you get your credits you apply to sit for the exam and then the torture begins. Every professional that I have talked to has said the Uniform CPA exam is the hardest of the standardized tests, harder than MCATs, LSATs, boards, etc. To give you an idea of how much information you have to retain, I started studying for the exam in the first week of July and the exam is not until the first week of November. At least the hell is over now though.:bigok:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
LOL - Enron eh? ROFL! Going for the shady accountings eh? ;)

Orange & Green said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts